Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Sugestion/request option for Bio Industries--Full Burner Style

7 years ago

I'd like a game where all energy production except for wood and nuclear is eliminated. This means no coal resources to start and no oil patches--only trees. There are a few problems with this--it's impossible to create oil without oil (even with coal) and currently it's impossible to research coal without plastic (which means you need oil first). I haven't figured out a good way to adjust the technologies to make this work, I just kept giving myself stuff when I hit roadblocks. One way might be to make the cellulose conversion work without oil--kick-starting the oil seems to be the big blocker.

The other part is that this is really difficult to do without having robots in the beginning to farm trees-I solved this by giving myself 20 robots and a roboport to start out. I figure I could solve this with one of the early-robot mods though.

I think this would make a good settings/switch for this mod. I might be able to work it up as a scenario--either with a few technologies researched to start or maybe starting with just enough blue research to get there--but it would be neat if it was a settings option.

New response