BioTech

Produce science packs and rocket parts using biological and renewable materials

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Wind Farm Optimization

7 years ago

First off, just wanted to state I'm liking this mod, and I do hope you continue to balance it in future.

That being said, Was just curious if there was something I'm missing concerning getting the most of the wind turbines, as I can't seem to get more than 10ish out of the potential 35 KW of power, no matter how much I space them out or how much barren space I give them.

The wind turbine is originally part of the KS power mod but I liked it too much to not include it. The turbine should have only random peaks once in a while to maximum performance. The wind speed is changed every 40 seconds. This is for every turbine. It doesn't accounting at all for surface of spacing.

Can you tell me what needs more balancing, as I have a bit of a blind spot for that.

7 years ago

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing something up horribly in my set-up.

As far as balancing goes, taking what you replied with into account, I'd say wind turbines are in a decent spot. Early game fuel-less energy production shouldn't be a true rival to steam / solar power I suppose.

Unfortunately I can't attest to the rest of your mod's balancing. I'll have to try a new map and really put your mod through its paces to test its science pack chains. All I've ever really used your mod for is access to oil without looking for oil spots, and considering the space it takes and the amount produced I'd say it's in a decent spot as well.

New response