Bigger Batteries deprecated

by Raeon

Additional tiers of batteries for all your equipment grid needs. Completely configurable!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Armor

g Scaling and stuff...

4 years ago

Hey. So, I was curious abut what the real world behaviour would be as you scaled up batteries. Turns out the answer is "as power storage capacity increases, efficiency remains constant only if physical size increases" absent any radical change in the internals of them.

I don't know if you care, but I ended up throwing a scaling factor of 1.7 times better than the tier before, and 1.2 times more basic ingredients (but same number of tier - 1 batteries) for each step. That feels more balanced to the real world behaviour to me.

I'm not saying you should default to that or whatever, just that I figured "hey, I learned this, I might as well share" for anyone else who looks at this and wonders the same thing. :)

Now, if someone was to add an entity that was a 2x2 battery that was 2.2 times the previous generation, and consumed proportionate resources - fewer, bigger, batteries - that'd be an interesting trade-off to make. Do you prefer less capacity and easy fit, or higher capacity, but more awkward trying to squeeze it into that equipment grid?

I'd stay annoyingly square-ish shaped as area increased at each step. ...and that bit is a suggestion. :)

New response