Big Brother

Big Brother - Research radar upgrades in amplification, efficiency, and surveillance capabilities. Create the ultimate surveillance state.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

i Too Op

3 years ago

The research to improve radars is too cheap and easy making radars ridiculously op super fast. I don't know exactly how to fix this fully, I just know that this needs major re-balancing.

3 years ago

It's only purpose is to reduce the radar needed to reveal the map. Basically it wont change at all the game mechanics except for keeping a better eye on critters activities and this wont "overpower" you at all. It just help you have a better reactions on attacks.

3 years ago

As I said, this is too op. The research is too easy, and too cheap, and it becomes a super radar very fast. Radars are supposed to cost to reveal areas. You shouldn't have super radars at the game start.

3 years ago

Pair it with Space exploration mod and it become veeeery expensive, and a bit too expensive at the highest level.
It's not supposed to be used alone, I think, ad it's a mod that give something to other mods.
But it's your choice to use it alone or not. If for you it's OP, simply don't activate it.
It's pointless use it alone and cry because it's too OP...

3 years ago

So a mod that requires another specific mod in order to make it not op. Wow. Well I'm going to go ahead and ignore you for being a bit of a douche because you tell me I have to use a specific mod to make it not op.

I came here to provide feedback on this mod, this mod alone. Not another mod. Not to be told to use another mod to make it harder. This one and only mod which is not directly connected to any other mod in existence and you came in to shit on my feedback. So good day.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It not require another mod for not be too OP, but it's balanced for interact with other mods.
You can tell what you think, but wasn't you're the one that has used the respectless word "ridiculously"?
If you've used "excessively" or "absolutely too" fast, I've choose to remain silent, because the word was respectful and explanatory enough.
At first I've tried to explain you that it was not too OP in MY opinion and after that, at your recrimination, I've proposed you a solution to your problem with the use of another mod that reduce greatly your recrimination, but in the end if you dont like it, be respectful in your word and then uninstall it until it's revised to match your taste.
I did it in many mods, every time with good respect of the work done by someone that wont charge you anything for the fun it give you, then take it as an example and be grateful even if you dont think its perfect for you.
After all someone has passed hours on it for give it to you for free.
This would not deserve at least a little nicer words?

3 years ago

"ridiculous" is not an "unkind" word. It just means "A very large amount". Very excessively. The word has no insult to it, its just a label for an amount.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In my culture if you use a word that start with "ridicul-" is intended as dispregiative.
The only exception is as answer to a comic scene or situation, but it can be insulting even in this situation if said using the wrong tone.
Then "ridicously" is an offensive word even if referred as quantity, because it mean "you're too stupid for get how huge is this amount". It's better the use of "absurd|absurdly", if needed, for not be offensive..
You can say that for you is a common word, but not for all it's a so common and nice word.
I pass over this ignorance based on culture, but I hope you will think even to people that don't live near your house or city for next comments.
This kind of mistake have started more than a war in the political side of the world and the weight of words is not lesser even for common people.
Have a nice day and I wish you a long and good life.

3 years ago

I'm only replying on the subject and not the discussion on politeness.

I find them very powerful too. Because of that, I restrict myself to one research each (range and scan speed) until late game where I research another.

3 years ago

It's probably the range the issue for me. I would say that +1 chunk per tech would be enough, is it not 2 currently?

3 years ago

Even +1 per tech range is too much because the research is fast and cheap. I'd like the system to be a bit more dynamic like that rotating radar mod that was also pretty op where you use a combinator to set the range, speed, etc of it. I had ideas for an advanced radar system but it would require some masterful coders to pull it off.

As for this mod, they could fix it by making the research harder, take longer, more expensive.

New response