Better Energy Production

Better Energy Production introduces various buildings and items to the game. Explore new ways of creating sustainable energy and keeping your world as clean as possible. Start right at the beginning of your world with three options of creating pollution free and clean power. Later research more technologies to expand your possibilities of getting clean power through a variety of wind turbines, solar panels and more!

Content
8 months ago
Fluids Power

b Various bugs

1 year, 1 month ago

First off, thank you for this mod, I was looking for alternate power sources that weren't too complex, and this is exactly what I wanted. On to the bugs.

1. Eco Wind Turbines do not reduce pollution. I see another discussion tab for this, but it is still true. Aside from the pollution graph showing no change, I did a direct experiment: I placed 50 eco turbines on a square at the edge of my pollution cloud that had Stage 1 pollution, and no other entities in that square that absorbed pollution. Over several minutes as the turbines were variably active or inactive (I use solar panels), the square remained polluted and pollution continued to fluctuate higher and lower in nearby squares. On the other hand (using a mod that lets you plant trees) I planted 50 trees in the adjacent square, and as soon as they began to bloom I saw the pollution in adjacent squares fluctuate less often and eventually the square the trees were in was cleansed, even though by raw stats eco turbines should absorb pollution at a much faster rate than trees.

2. Upgrading normal solar panels to advanced solar panels using the upgrade planner is finnicky. Sometimes my construction bots ignore them entirely, sometimes they obey normally, sometimes they sit around for several seconds before flying out to upgrade them. Sometimes it seems to make a difference if the upgrade is applied while the panels are in range of my personal robotports, other times it seems like time is a factor before they be ignored. I've had circumstances where my robots ignore panels marked to be upgraded, but if I cancel the upgrade and then reapply it or undo it, then they upgrade them.

3. When placing CSP solar panels from either blueprints or copy and paste, the pipes don't always connect properly. This isn't simply a visual thing either, the pipes are actually not connected and need to be manually removed and placed again. It's not consistent either, placing multiple CSP panels in this way has some of them connect and others not. Here's a screencap of what I mean, it's easier to tell with the hot water pipes than the water pipes, but occurs off and on with both.

https://i.imgur.com/QxONDZH.jpg

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello DrakeyC,
first of all thank you for all the feedback, it helps me a lot to improve the mod.

1. Eco wind turbines do reduce pollution, the question would be how they reduce pollution. The eco wind turbine has the least priority of eliminating pollution in his chunk. If there are healthy landfills or trees in the chunk then they will eliminate the pollution first, if there are no healthy landfills or trees in the chunk the eco wind turbine will do the job. The only thing I have control over is how much pollution a building is generating or absorbing, not at which priority (I wish I could).

2. As with the first point, I also have no influence on how the upgrade planner does his work. Sadly I can only configure what a building upgrades to (standard wind turbine --> advanced wind turbine, etc.). So this problem is not due to the mod but maybe due to your robots. Nevertheless, I will take a look and see if something can be changed.

3. This seems to be indeed a bug orignated to the mod. A fix for this will be hopefully in the next update.

I'm sorry for all the problems you are confronted with, I will take a look in all of them and will try to fix them as best as I can.

1 year, 1 month ago
  1. There was nothing else in the chunk except the eco turbines, I made sure; no trees, no landfill.
1 year, 1 month ago
  1. There has to be landfills, because eco wind turbines need to be placed one them ;)

Note to point 3 from your originally post:
I saw the issue and I'm working on it, it might be in relation with a bug I found in the game where you are able to rotate the CSP panel although the config of the CSP panel clearly says that rotation is disabled. I hope that the bug will be fixed as soon as possible and that it will also solve your problem.

6 months ago

So, posting again because once again, my eco turbines aren't reducing power. I don't know how I am supposed to use them, they are the only pollution-reducing thing in the square, they are running to produce power, and pollution has not decreased half an hour later. Here's some screenshots, have a look and please explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/Ea4KBcG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2eHeDWi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MUUOrvb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RtUYEy5.jpg

5 months ago

Hi DrakeyC,
I can clearly see that something is not working as intended, I reviewed the scripts and couldn't see any problem on that site for the moment. I will have to delve into the docs and find a better answer than the current one. Currently, I am very busy and can't promise you that I can find a solution within the shortest possible time, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As I mentioned in an answer before I don't have any control about the pollution reduction. The only thing I can say to an entity is how much pollution it should make/absorb, I don't have control over the priority or anything else sadly.

New response