Battery-Electric Train

by catweax

Electric trains, but UPS-friendly. Provides battery-powered locomotives, reusable battery packs and charging facilities. Balanced for vanilla gameplay by default, but trains can be as fast as you want.

Content
2 years ago
Trains

i Battery decay mechanic? (Optional / Default?)

2 years ago

I just installed the mod on a new save to check out the features. I noticed that once a battery is created it can continue to be charged / recharged forever, which seems a bit OP and unbalanced imo relative to vanilla fuel based locos.

Would much prefer if there's a mechanic that returns ~99% of discharged batteries instead of 100% so there's a continuous material investment as well to keep your trains going purely on electricity.

What say?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I agree that it’s kinda op, but the reference while developing this mod was the electric train mods that magically transported electricity from one distribution building to all trains anywhere on the map, so this mod is already a step up in terms of realism. ;)

If battery decay should be the default, I don’t want it to be enabled for existing saves in order not to surprise players that don’t read the release notes. I’ll look into that, so no ETA yet.

New response