Battery-Electric Train

by catweax

Electric trains, but UPS-friendly. Provides battery-powered locomotives, reusable battery packs and charging facilities. Balanced for vanilla gameplay by default, but trains can be as fast as you want.

Content
2 years ago
Trains

i [resolved] higher tier locomotives & vehicle equp grid

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello, thanks fo the mod, I am using Bob's mods in conjunction with "Electric Train" mod by magu5026, but have been considering switching the latter to "Battery-Electric Train".

There are a few functionalities my current configuration offers that I was hoping your mod could as well, namely the option to enable equipment grid for them.

I could probably mess around the mod files and make manual edits to get the behavior I desire, but then if I ever update this mod I would lose them (and by then I would probably completely forget the edits).

I was wondering if you are willing to include some startup mod settings to enable equipment grid and, if so, adjust its dimensions. Cheers.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I guess you’re using Bob's Vehicle Equipment mod? It would be great if that mod added its equipment grids to all modded locomotives that don’t have one yet, but alas, it doesn’t.

I added support for the three tiers of locomotive grids from that mod, but I don’t use any of Bob’s mods. It would be nice if you could test it for me: Download the experimental version from [link expired] and replace BatteryElectricTrain_1.1.3.zip in Factorio’s mod folder with it. Afterwards, you should have a mod setting to choose which grid to use for battery-electric locomotives.

Please tell me if it works as you expect it to or if there are any bugs.

Also, do you think the setting is pointless because everyone will set it to tier 3 anyway? I only added it because I don’t know what’s the point of the different tiers. If you think it’s pointless, I can remove the setting and just use tier 3 all the time.

If everything works, I’ll release it as version 1.1.4 and you won’t have to worry about losing your equipment grids after an update.

2 years ago

Sure, I can test the experimental version, but I am unable to access https://www.sendspace.com/ at all. Could you try uploading to some other place; mega.nz for instance?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Try [link expired]

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Ok, I downloaded and tested it. Everything is working in order.

Regarding the configuration, it is probably easier to have only a toggle for a grid equivalent to the tier 3. Anyone that wants to have the equipment grid enabled for the locomotive with a smaller grid can just opt to leave a portion of it empty.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I think I’ll leave the setting in, in case this mod needs to be compatible with another mod that offers equipment grids incompatible with Bob’s mods. That way, the equipment grid from Bob’s armoured locomotives can also be available, which will allow armoured equipment or something. I’ll just let it default to non-armoured tier 3.

I don’t see a point in having a toggle to disable equipment grids if Bob’s Vehicle Equipment is installed. The users can just ignore it if they don’t need it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Could you please test this version again? [link expired]

I made it more universal regarding other mods and there’s a setting for no equipment grid too now since it was basically free to implement.

2 years ago

Yes, I tested the new version with each option available with the modlist I'm using. Everything is work allright.

2 years ago

Thanks for testing everything.

You didn’t have to test each grid type, though, since it’s not possible with the Factorio API to detect during the settings stage what equipment grid types other mods add during the data stage. I have to add supported equipment grids manually and only stuff from Bob’s Vehicle Equipment mod is in that list at them moment.

New response