Battery-Electric Train

by catweax

Electric trains, but UPS-friendly. Provides battery-powered locomotives, reusable battery packs and charging facilities. Balanced for vanilla gameplay by default, but trains can be as fast as you want.

Content
2 years ago
Trains

b [resolved] Cant place battery pack charging stations in space.

2 years ago

Hi catweax, I'm loving this mod for my land based trains in my current space exploration playthrough, its very well made and will probably become a staple in most of my playthroughs. Though I did mainly install this mod so that I don't have to "burn" fuels in space since that is quite unrealistic. I was wondering if the charging stations not being place-able in space was intended so that you have to ship depleted batteries back to the ground and charged batteries back up. Honestly not too hard to manage but it would be nice to have the charging stations usable in space. I'm guessing it not allowing placement because it is using the old beacon model and un-upgraded beacons are not place-able in space.

Thanks!

2 years ago

Glad to hear that you like it. :)

No, charging stations not buildable in space was not intended and I don’t see a reason why battery packs should not be rechargeable in space if you already have trains and (solar?) power.

The Space Exploration mod expects all entities that can be built in space to be marked as such. Since I didn’t know about that, the charging stations simply weren’t marked.

I updated the mod and it should be fixed in version 1.1.1. I haven’t tried it because Space Exploration is such a big mod, so please tell me if it still doesn’t work.

2 years ago

Works perfectly! Thanks so much for the great mod :)

New response