Barbed-Spikes

Adds barbed-spikes, which can be placed down and hurts and slows down any enemy that walks on it. They can be upgraded to: Reinforced (more health and damage) Slowing (slows down more) Poison (deals extra damage) or any combination of the three. Original mod developers: MatheFactor and Kabaril. Updated and maintained by MrAlwaysAwesome.

Content
3 years ago
Combat

g Suggest

3 years ago

If the bug can't attack the Barbed-Spikes,maybe it will be better

3 years ago

Hi 1940404846, thanks for the suggestion... I will implement it in my future update! Thanks for downloading the mod!

3 years ago

thank you for your reply,i love this mod:)

3 years ago

If you have any other mod suggestions,(like old mods that I can revive or new mods that doesn't exist) please message me and I will build it...

3 years ago

I have to agree, the spikes are ultimately useless in fending them off, when they spit at it, or attack it from the sides, only kills I've managed is by getting biters to chase me onto them, other than that they'll sit safe and attack them till they're destroyed, so an update that makes them not target them would be useful

3 years ago

Hi joshissac, thanks for the response. I will work on an update as fast as I can... Maybe release some the mod for older versions of Factorio too.

3 years ago

Hi 1940404846, I did some research on the bitters and their AI. The AI sees the spikes as an entity therefor it will attack it. In some rare cases you will see biters attack rails... see forum post: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=34339 The same happens when the spikes are packed on top off each other which make the game AI think there is to many entities. I hope I explained your question a bit. What I added to the mod now is the ability to be resistant to biter attacks! You will still see biters attacking your spikes but they wont break them, instead they will get killed.

3 years ago

Thank you for the update,I think this will be a good mod, I will try this new version now

New response