Bad Biters

New biters with better resistance to some damage types. Now you need weapons with "physical", "explosion", "impact", "acid", "fire", "laser" and "electric" damage.

5 years ago

i Fire spitters should not burn turrets instantly

5 years ago

Hello. I like the mod quite much. However, I feel it lacks difficulty tuning.
For example, fire spitters burn a turret with a single spit. This is not good in the beginning of a marathon game, where your base is big from the start. You have to run all the way to the destroyed turret, and the run to the opposite side to fix another turret, and you have no time to design and build.
Could you please somehow decrease the power of fire spitters?

5 years ago

Ohh. But why you have troubles with fire spitters only? This mod adds resistances, but don't changes attacking parameters.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Oh, hm. I am probably wrongly blaming your mod, then. I am using an Explosive biters and EMP biters mods as well. But I had thoght that Fire spitters that spit fire and burn turrets to death belong to Bad biters >_<
I guess it is Explosive biters mod, then.
Thanks again for your mod, it makes mines and those blue slowing capsules finally useful. I take it as a simplier version of Rampage mod.

5 years ago

You are welcome!

5 years ago

I've noticed, however, that this mod makes shotguns even more useless.
Since the idea of your mod is to make more weapons used, could you do anything about shotguns? I don't know what, though. Maybe, add impact damage to it? Or fear =)? Something without additional items.

5 years ago

"Fear Shotgun" - nice name for new mod :)

5 years ago

So, here is a draft of new mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FearShotgun

Only two new shotgun shells and shotgun turret. Looks balanced enough.

New response