This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

a month ago
0.13 - 1.1

b SE Death

2 years ago

With mods stripped down to Avatars and Space Exploration (and it's required dependencies), when I'm in an avatar and die, instead of taking me to the original character with inventory items, it spawns a new character with starting inventory items. I'm unable to find a way to get back to the original character with it's items.

2 years ago

Hm, I'll have to play around with it and see what's happening

2 years ago

Yep, looks like this is an issue between myself and SE, we both try to stop the player from dying. I posted on their Discord to try to work this out.

2 years ago

I assume you saw, but just going to link Earendel's response in case anyone else is watching this:

https://discord.com/channels/419526714721566720/571307802648248341/875146383781421126

He wants to think it through a bit, but sounds open to adding an interface to work with other mods on this. If it seems like this will take a while, then I can try to do something hacky to make this work, but I'd rather not if possible.

2 years ago

I did, thank you! :) I agree with both of you, the best route is to get it done properly rather than hack something together. Even if it takes a while, I'd rather have it done right.

For now I'm aware; and if doesn't cause a mess in the save later, I'm good with just needing to make a conscious effort to empty my inventory knowing the possible results. :)

Thank you for taking a look! :)

2 years ago

Technically you can still get to your old character if you destroy the control center. The character will pop out then you could either take the items from it's inventory or kill it.

2 years ago

Hah! That is a neat trick/work around! :) I had thought everything was lost! Yeah, I'm totally good with this until a proper fix is in order! Thank you! :D

1 year, 10 months ago

i have found out if i modify SE death scenario in SE game file (i just deleted the part) than its working :)

1 year, 10 months ago

Well, I worked around SE, because I have no idea how long it will take them to implement this, if ever. See here for more details: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Avatars/discussion/62b3b1bad12c70e27db5ab35

New response