Auto Trash

Allows saving of different logistic request setups Enable autotrash only in certain logistic networks Load your spidertron with different setups with a single click Load one or more preset after respawning Trash unrequested items

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistic network

b [fixed]Auto Trash Freeze

3 years ago

Not sure how or what did it but Auto Trash is mostly frozen, with only certain parts responding to clicking (eg. selecting a slot opens the item page like normal, most of the time)
Clicked the GUI clicked on my 1st preset in the preset menu and the mod becomes unresponsive (minor work-around is to use /at_reset to open the GUI and semi use it till it becomes unresponsive again). At no point does it cause a crash and the GUI button can be hidden/shown with commands but does not respond to clicking it or ctrl + right click.
ahhh yeah I think thats all of it XD

3 years ago

Can you upload a save somewhere? Seems to work fine for me

3 years ago

Sure, umm where? Also think I (hopefully) fixed it in a duplicate save for testing stuff out (uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, then importing my presets over). Might of had something to do with marking a Network as a Main in Orbit (with Space Exploration). But just don't know whats doing it.

3 years ago

Well somewhere on google drive or wherever. Ideally a save where it is not working or from before you updated to 5.2.14

I'll look over the code for main networks etc.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Want to add that I've also experienced the same thing a couple times with similar mods (Space Exploration). Symptoms and the fix are exactly the same as reported; auto trash continues to function, but the GUI config button stops working. /at_reset makes the GUI show and reinstalling auto trash restores functionality. Unlike OP, I have not set anything as a main network, but do use it to switch between profiles for being planetside or in space.

My best guess is it has something to do with how Space Exploration moves your character between different areas when you use spaceships/rockets. Were any new checks to the location/status of the player character added to auto trash in recent versions? I can't recall ever having this issue prior to the big auto trash GUI update, and I've been playing various versions of the Space Exploration mod long before then. It's also possible that Space Exploration may have changed something recently that makes auto trash sometimes lose track of you and think you shouldn't be able to access the GUI or something.

I'd provide a save but my game uses over a dozen random mods (one custom) and is over 250MB in size so uhh, it's not the most practical.

3 years ago

So am i understanding it correctly:
- At some point the top left button stops working (clicking it doesn't open/close the gui) but the configuration window still works? (if it happens to be open)
- /at_reset opens the window, the window works but the top left button not? (i assume yes, since it only resets the main window)
- reinstalling makes the top left work again until it eventually breaks again

If the above are all true i know what's happening, but not why. AutoTrash looses the handler for the button, but the only place i remove it is directly before recreating the button again and adding the handler back in. (Mostly writing for me, so i remember tomorrow)

3 years ago

Yes, that sounds accurate. I didn't really test most functionality for the window when opened with /at_reset after the button has broken, but it looked to be fine (I've since overwritten the broken save so I can't test at the moment). Reinstalling was the only thing I found that fixed it.

3 years ago

Yeah that is about right, but the config window semi freezes up too (some parts still work, most do not). /at_reset opens the window and makes it functional while its open, or you trigger another freeze.

Before moment before 'changing the Preset' bug trigger Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10FEuvT9nYPPeBQmSWbWUi93mfd2L-US_/view?usp=sharing

After fiddling around and getting it working again:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-eINdY9xxD7MTIpiFz7TOR0J6gcjQLvo/view?usp=sharing

lol hope I uploaded that right

3 years ago

Okay, that save helped a lot.

It should be fixed in the latest update, at least the bug trigger save still works after loading a preset. if it occurs again let me know.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've had the same issue. /at_reset opens the gui which still works but the button stays broken. Disabling/enabling the mod doesn't change anything if loading the same save but if you disable it, make a new save and then enable it the button starts working again.

This bug has made me question the usefulness of having the button at all. Toggling the gui seems simpler with a shortcut and status display could be in settings or a check in the gui. Status display seems to work fine even while the button isn't responding. I would really recommend adding a shortcut for toggling the gui.

e: The update was pushed while writing this, the button is responsive again even with the broken save.

3 years ago

Holly molly that was fast. Good work!

3 years ago

This bug has made me question the usefulness of having the button at all. Toggling the gui seems simpler with a shortcut and status display could be in settings or a check in the gui. Status display seems to work fine even while the button isn't responding. I would really recommend adding a shortcut for toggling the gui.

I've added a shortcut button and keybinding (Ctrl + L) as well as an option to hide the top button in the mod settings. The status display can be toggled in the gui.
If anyone can come up with a better icon for the shortcut button feel free to make a suggestion, for now I abused the icon from Alt-mode, since the icon from the top button looked horrible in the shortcut bar.

New response