Asteroid Mining

by Silari

Allows sending rockets into space to mine for asteroid bits, which can be refined into raw materials for infinite ores. Includes all 5 vanilla ores, plus Bob's Ores and Angel's support. Now with partial Krastorio 2 support. Advanced Mode (in beta) allows generating resource patches for mining using gathered materials, with rates based on the ore generation settings of the surface. Support for multiple surfaces is included, along with Space Exploration support.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining

g [DONE] How to use Mixed Asteroid Chunk?

3 years ago

Great mod, thanks! Love it, really enjoyable twist on endgame resource gathering.
Quick question: how are mixed chunks processed? There doesn't seem to be a corresponding recipe. (Resource-specific chunks are fine.)

Playing near-Vanilla with only quality-of-life mods.

3 years ago

The recipes to process asteroid chunks (mixed and resource specific) should all be unlocked with the rocket research, along with the mining modules. The resource chunk processing recipes are unlocked from game start to avoid having 40 recipes tied to the research. All of them are processed in Assemblers or by hand.

3 years ago

Ahhhhhhhh, OK, thank you. I added this mod to an existing game so the unlock may not have triggered properly. Resource chunks are fine, it's the mixed chunks I can't process. I'll try again on my next playthrough. Cheers!

3 years ago

There's a migration script that should add it to existing games just fine, and a second script that runs every time the modlist changes that also should enable all the chunks. Just tested it and it's working on a save from 0.16. Should be under the Intermediates tab, just after dynamite, and before the resource chunk crushing, if no mods other than Asteroid Mining are installed. It has a different icon than the chunk crushing ones. I threw a picture up in the image gallery for the mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Appreciate your help on this. To test, I started a new game and unlocked all tech via the console; mixed chunk processing appeared.
Went back to my current game, unlocked all tech - no option appeared.
Disabled all mods, reloaded my current game, unlocked all tech - no change.

So something in one of my existing mods is breaking this mod quite impressively. I'll see if I can track it down.

New response