Asteroid Mining

by Silari

Allows sending rockets into space to mine for asteroid bits, which can be refined into raw materials for infinite ores. Includes all 5 vanilla ores, plus Bob's Ores and Angel's support. Now with partial Krastorio 2 support. Advanced Mode (in beta) allows generating resource patches for mining using gathered materials, with rates based on the ore generation settings of the surface. Support for multiple surfaces is included, along with Space Exploration support.

Content
6 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining

i [Done] Coloring for mining modules

3 years ago

This mod has some really nice graphics for the icons, but one thing that immediately struck me is that the mining modules are difficult to differentiate. Giving them some colored banding like the different barrel types would help a lot with that.

Also, regarding the description "crush an asteroid chunk into it's component resource chunks" - the possssive form of "its" should be spelt without an apostrophe.

Also also, the description for the asteroid chunk says it can be broken into 100 ore pieces, but it only produces 24?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Miner modules should have a tint mask hopefully in the next version, so they'll be colored similarly to the chunks. I was hoping to add an icon in the corner for the ore they return, but that doesn't seem possible programatically via the API. That version adds support for (some of) Bob's mods so it's taking a little bit to get the balance right. Hopefully be done this weekend.

Both the other things are also fixed for next version now, thanks. The 100 was from before I had actually done all the math on how many resources they had to make, and having them return double the stack size made them work oddly, so it was reduced.

EDIT: Pushed out a small update to add the tints and fix the strings for now. Bob's stuff should be done next major version, hopefully by Monday.

3 years ago

Lovely, thank you!

3 years ago

I was hoping to add an icon in the corner for the ore they return, but that doesn't seem possible programatically via the API.

you can stack icons on top of one another: https://github.com/Quezler/factorio__mod--liquify-2/blob/master/data.lua#L41

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The issue is I need to have them layered over in a corner, and the documentation doesn't say that's possible. Neither scale or shift are documented on the wiki - they're just hidden away in one of the examples.

EDIT: Working on a small update to hopefully add those in this weekend.

3 years ago

line 59 and 60 of my example link have a working example of that to ^

New response