Assembler Assay

by Mylon

Assemblers occasionally break and need to be serviced. Adds maintenance and attrition to assemblers with various options for increased difficulty.

Tweaks
7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Interessting mod

4 years ago

I tried it out on my megabase and found out that assemblers broke a lot. I do wonder does speed modules increase likelihood of breaking? I found it did not for some reason work on my Electric furnace mk 3 from Factorio extended plus. But fixing the rest I needed to set up was more than enough though I needed construction bots in every bot network and a few had them. Also it took so long time that assemblers no longer requested modules they had used.

4 years ago

This mod definitely keeps your bots busy! The default MTBF is 45 minutes, so for every 45 machines in your base, you can expect 1 to break every minute! This shouldn't be a huge deal as they're easy enough to fix and machines get automatically replaced.

I'll look into the replacements not requesting the modules they used. This is a bug!

4 years ago

Took a while to track down the problem. I misunderstood it as machines were properly requesting modules after breaking. It was unfulfilled item-request-proxies that weren't getting recreated. This is now fixed!

New response