Asphalt Roads

by Arcitos

Asphalt pavement for increased vehicle speed. Also includes tiles for lane marking (single and double lines) and various hazard areas.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

i love it but...

7 years ago

right now the tile sets only really work for horizontal and vertical roads. I make my roads with 2 solid lines on the edges and stripes in the middle for lane devision as would be done in the real world. this works going straight up and down, left and right, but not when you go diagonally. the diagonal pieces do not line up with the straight unless I leave a broken gap between them or no outer lines at all.

example of what I mean: http://imgur.com/a/o7agG

it might be worth it to make a tile that connects diagonal with straight lines. going for the lower part of the tile at a heading of 0 degrees then at the mid point goes to a heading of 45 degrees

7 years ago

Thanks for your feedback!

This issue bothered me too, but i did not add a "connector tile" because this would add two new tiles per marking tile colour and therefore might clutter the logistics tab. But i am already working on a few new tiles including this connector tiles. Asphalt roads will also get their separated item tab to have enough room for a new marking line colour.
Release of the next update is scheduled within the next one or two weeks. I just ask for a bit of patience :)

7 years ago

alright, cool.

7 years ago

Update 1.0.2 is online, including your corner tiles. Have fun ;)

7 years ago

I was just going to ask for corner tiles!!! Awesome

6 years ago

It a shame that corner tiles don't connect with diagonal ones.

New response