Asphalt Roads

by Arcitos

Asphalt pavement for increased vehicle speed. Also includes tiles for lane marking (single and double lines) and various hazard areas.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

i It is not better then concrete.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

It gives only 130% walking bonus while concrete give 140%. It should at least give a 160% walking bonus. It also should be "cheaper" then concrete..in the similar way concrete is cheaper then bricks.
Two stone make one brick.
Five bricks make 10 concrete.
Five bricks to make 20 asphalt.

7 years ago

Hi Tomik, the walking bonus is intended to be only on stone path level. But: the walking bonus does not affect vehicle friction! Asphalt is ment to be a road pavement, therefore a big bonus for vehicles (significantly lower vehicle friction than concrete) and only a small bonus to pedestrians. I considered to raise walking bonus to 150%, but i did not want to make concrete completely obsolete.

But i will consider reducing the amount of bricks needed for asphalt (maybe 3 units?). Further balancing is very important to make asphalt feel neither cheaty nor useles.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

1 concrete tile to four Asphalt tiles while leaving the running bonus as before. Teh ratio needs to change to allow for making of distant roads. Another idea is making a third option for white and yellow asphalt lines..intermittent lines..because it is quite difficult for me to build extremely long roads if I have to stop every 0.5 second to to stop making a line and make a stop.

Like this:

x
x
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
x

The above? I would like to have an option to make an asphalt tile that inherently has the (-x-x-x-x-x-x) in it..so I can run and make a road with it.

x = tile with no line

7 years ago

1 concrete for 4 asphalt? This might be somewhat cheap, or? For a 2 km long 4 metre wide road 4000 bricks are needed, or 2400 if the needed amount is reduced to three units. Would this be still too much? Concrete is widely used as a base foundation, roads on the other hand account only for a small fraction of the paved surface.

For the placement of line marking within a road i strongly recommend the use of blueprints. Just put a few robo ports into your armour and let your drones do the job. With this method it is possible to construct kilometres of roads within a half of an hour, all with different marking or hazard tiles.

7 years ago

Then change the ratio of stone to bricks because this will make you run of stone fast. What about making the Asphalt have the same ratio like concrete?

7 years ago

Hi Tomik, i tested some alterations of the recipe for asphalt. As of now, asphalt needs excactly as much stone as concrete (5 bricks for 10 tiles). Reducing the amount needed to four bricks will make asphalt cheaper in terms of stone than concrete, but you'll still need the same amount of oil for the process. An update will be made available within the next few days.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Okay. Thank you.

New response