Legacy Train Model

by aspct

Aidan647's Old Train mod updated to current version and slightly modified. Creates a second locomotive recipe with the old textures from 0.12

Content
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Trains

i .12 Cargo Wagon

8 months ago

Don't know if you take requests but please do you think you could also bring back the .12 cargo wagon and modify it so it's not off-centered with the rails? I tried doing it myself but since I'm not experienced with modding it looked pretty silly.

2 months ago

I came back to factorio after a long hiatus. I have updated the mod to include the old cargo wagons, but it was a quick job so some things don't line up properly. I'm planning to rewrite this mod from scratch sometime soon, I will most likely adress the issues at that point.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

thanks so much for this, I really love the old train models and this mod is by far one of my favorite!

2.0 is going to break some stuff with the elevated train tracks and I am learning blender atm for our factorio project, might try to make an updated version of the train model so that the graphics dont break with the new ramps being added to the game in the future

2 months ago

You're welcome. I hadn't kept up with the news, elevated trains look pretty cool. I don't know how exactly the ramp sprites are going to work so we'll have to see when the documentation for that comes out.

2 months ago

my guess is we will have to remake 3d models just to do the rendered sprites of the wagons going up the ramps and down the ramps... otherwise its gonna look pretty janky with trains going up the ramp but looking as if they were level with the terrain

New response