Area Paste

Paste settings on all entities in a selected area. Only copy-pastes to entities with the exact same name as the source entity. Compatible with mods which change copy paste behavior. See description or in game controls for, well, controls.

Utilities
1 year, 8 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Compatibility with Logistic Gun Turret

1 year, 7 months ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Logistic-Gun-Turret
The mod provides a buffer chest attached to turrets, and it doesn't seem like I'm able to paste onto these items with this tool, despite being able to copy/paste between these and vanilla buffer chests.

1 year, 7 months ago

The buffer chests from Logistic Gun Turret are different entities from the vanilla buffer chests. If you copy from a vanilla buffer chest you can paste to other vanilla buffer chests using the Area Paste tool, but not the buffer chests from Logistic Gun Turret, since they have a different name. Same goes the other way around where when you copy from a buffer chest from Logistic Gun Turret, you can only copy to those chests, not vanilla ones. (That's what "Only copy-pastes to entities with the exact same name as the source entity." in the description means)

This is intentional and I've found it to be both more useful and safer this way compared to pasting to all compatible entities. Safer in the sense that you don't accidently paste to entities you didn't mean to, like when copying from assemblers to other assemblers, when there happen to be requester chests in the selected area.

So basically whenever you want to paste from one entity to others with a different name you first have to explicitly paste to one of the targets, then copy from that one and then use the Area Paste tool on the rest.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Well, nevermind, I loaded back in to test and it works as expected now so maybe I'm just a dummy :)

Thanks for the mod!

1 year, 7 months ago

No problem, I didn't mind clarifying, and you're welcome :)

New response