All Fluids

by Delus

Transport fluids of all types using barrels.

Content
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14
Fluids

i Acid Barrels

7 years ago

Currently everything uses standard steel barrels, filling these with acid kind of bothers me. A plastic barrel may be added at a later date for use with acid. If many others use this mod/request the change I could make it a higher priority.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I find that idea hyper-realistic, and gameplay-stupid. Just having a different entity for barrels just cause acid, is really bad.

7 years ago

It still bugs me... that said Factorio is pretty good at keeping item handling consistent from ores to final products, and this would not follow that design philosophy. Perhaps adding a bit of plastic to all tank/pipe recipes would do the trick ;P

7 years ago

i hope you know sulphuric acid is shipped and stored in steel drums, and adding plastic to the pipe recipe would mean you'd never be able to make pipe before you had oil and you wouldn't be able to do anything with the oil without pipe except for maybe sit in your oil fields and cry

7 years ago

I did not, after doing a bit of research I was about to tell you that they are almost always lined...then, after a bit more research I realized that this lining is formed by filling the container with the right concentration of...sulfuric acid. Thanks for pointing that out, I feel better about the containers used in factorio now :) That said pipes are made from iron plate which does corrode in contact with sulfuric acid, but don't worry I don't have any plans to rewrite the whole factorio fluid system.

New response