Alien Walls

by vedrit

Humanity has made many great advances, but still looks to nature for inspiration. Thanks to users ThaPear, ratchetfreak, Klonan, and TheBrain0110 for lots of help on the core of this mod. Great work!

Content
9 months ago
0.16.51 - 1.1
Combat

g Excess Alien Biomass

4 years ago

As the titel says, after a while, especialy on high biter maps, you start to gather up loads of unneeded biomass, I was wondering if you intend to put somthing in the mod that allows for constant consumption of biomass. like being able to process into coal/or a fuel

4 years ago

I don't really have anything like that planned, but the numbers for biomass drops were just kind of thrown in on the fly, so for the next version I'll probably tone down the drop rate. The walls are supposed to be mid to late game, especially at the higher levels, so if biomass is too available too early then it'll unbalance things.

4 years ago

lower drop rates could achieve that. first off you would really make it late game. currently i can farm a 20 spawner base and get about 15k biomass an hour, enough for about 600 wall segments, which is reasonable amount you'd want to defend one side of a small to medium sized base, lowering the drop rate would def make it far more late game, as you'd need to be able to farm more spawners, and so have the resources or set up the logistics, if you wanted more faster.
lowering the drop rate would def make it more balanced for general maps. On the deathworld maps it prob won't ever be fixed, as there will be a massive influx of biomass all the time with the amount of spawners and biters around.
I'ts mainly for those deathworld/Rampant maps where its overabundant, where even reducing it to 20% of current will give you more than enough, but it will make it very hard to get in a regular game.

4 years ago

I've uploaded a new version. Biomass drops are reduced, especially toward late game.

3 years ago

Currently the min drop rate allowed is one, can you change it to 0. why are units required to drop them. Either that or make them auto deconstruct.

3 years ago

Currently the min drop rate allowed is one, can you change it to 0. why are units required to drop them. Either that or make them auto deconstruct.

I don't think it's possible to have loot drops despawn, so I'll change the minimum drop count to 0. I probably should have done that sooner, I suppose.

3 years ago

sweet, thanks, ill reinstall it.

This thread has been locked.