Standalone K2 Advanced Assembly Machine

A severely over-engineered standalone port of advanced assembly machine from Krastorio 2, with optional Space Exploration rebalancing, as well as a custom recipe generation script to circumvent game's max 1-craft-per-tick limitation.

Content
16 days ago

g Advanced chem plant

1 year, 10 months ago

Wouldn't it make it difficult for you to make a standalone k2 advanced chem plant in the same way?

1 year, 10 months ago

Soonâ„¢, I'd have to make the script part of the mod into a separate library then it'll be easy to do so

1 year, 10 months ago

In the meantime you can just use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/advanced-chemical-plant. That one doesn't have the script part so when it comes to recipes shorter than 2 seconds jank would happen. I'm pretty sure by keeping the the internal name of things the same, when you download my mod and uninstall theirs, all the related stuff in a game save would be kept except recipes selected on the chemical plant

1 year, 10 months ago

And speaking of the Advanced machines, how about the Advanced furnace as well. I enjoyed using all 3 of the advanced machines.

1 year, 10 months ago

And speaking of the Advanced machines, how about the Advanced furnace as well. I enjoyed using all 3 of the advanced machines.

Sure, why not. It probably won't be available this week though, since I started a new save for Space Exploration 0.6

1 year, 9 months ago

So, uh, the advanced chem plant and seperate library won't be a thing anytime soon because I'm writing my own video game, gonna take a while before I get used to Lua's kinda unorthodox design again and being able to decouple the recipe part into a library.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hey thanks for informing! Would love to see what game you cook up - consider me an alpha tester!

(As for the chem plant and separate lib - I'll still wait for it though)

1 year, 8 months ago

Hey thanks for informing! Would love to see what game you cook up - consider me an alpha tester!

https://ataraxia-mechanica.itch.io/infinisweeper/

It's minesweeper but with recursion, check it out it's free

1 year, 8 months ago

Interesting concept! Thanks for sharing it!
Couldn't run it on my M1 Mac though.. (https://imgur.com/a/AP2Irnk)

Will playtest once I reach back home next week. Also, since its completely unrelated to this mod or issue, would like to ping you on your discord next.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

I'd accept PRs to fix the jank. Just noticed your mod as it was linked to from my advanced assembly machine one. I'm unfamiliar with why/what the jank is - do you have a link to an explanation?

Edit: is the jank because the K2 animations are over a second long? Does your script fix the recipe times/animations as well as remove the max-per-tick crafting cap? If you don't have time I could see if I can extract your script as a separate mod, then include that in my mods

11 months ago

Sorry for the late reply, I'm quite busy lately. So basically the game ticks 60 times per second, and it isn't designed to handle extremely fast machines. When a machine should craft a recipe more than once per tick, it would only produce the result once, which would cap the recipe at 60 times per second, and if the recipe has productivity bonus smaller than 100%, it would produce more products than it should, and for higher than 100% productivity it would be less.

11 months ago

The script was designed to be modular and shouldn't be too hard to be included in your mod, but I wrote it one year ago when I was worse at coding, so it's kinda spaghetti

New response