Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued

by azaghal

Adds two Advanced Artillery Remotes to the game. Artillery Cluster Remote targets nearby spawners and worms and lays down a carpet of artillery fire against them. Artillery Discovery Remote fires artillery rounds in an arc to assist in map exploration.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Combat

b Conflict with shortcuts mod

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

With shortcuts mod the discovery remote is hidden.

edit: the above happens when 'artillery targetting remote' setting in shortcuts mod is disabled; when the setting is enabled (default) the game goes into an error loop:

Unknown custom-input name: artillery-cluster-remote
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'on_event'
    __Shortcuts-ick__/control.lua:1060: in function 'custom_input_give_item_2'
    __Shortcuts-ick__/control.lua:1131: in main chunk

edit 2: hm that mod says you have to do some extra work to safely uninstall, maybe this is ok

1 year, 3 months ago

Hello aeosynth,

That crash happens in the Shortcuts for 1.1 mod. That being said, I've opened-up a pull request for it already, but not sure how long it'll take to get reviewed and actioned upon:

In the meantime, you should be able to avoid crashing by disabling the following option:

• Mod Settings -> Startup -> Shortcuts for 1.1 -> Uncheck/Disable the "Artillary Targetting Remote"

P.S.
I'll try to ping the author over on that mod's discussion page as well since it's been a while.

1 year, 3 months ago

With regards to discovery remote being unavailable... I'm not quite sure what to make of it. To me it looks like there might be something broken with the Shortcuts mod itself - starting a new game with the Artillery targeting remote option disabled seems to still keep the discovery remote recipe hidden.

Let's see if the maintainer of Shortcuts replies in some way to my PR, then we can move on from there (I really hope I don't end-up forking another mod - did that with a couple already :) ).

1 year, 3 months ago

'ello again,

Small update from me - I have now released a new version of the Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued mod that should contain a temporary compatibility fix for Shortcuts for 1.1. It's not perfect, and hopefully once Shortcuts for 1.1 gets updated, the compatibility workaround will be dropped.

Please try the new release and let me know if everything behaves as expected :)

1 year, 3 months ago

No more crashes, thanks! The discovery remote is still hidden however.

1 year, 3 months ago

Unfortunately, that one is beyond me - this is probably something that needs to be fixed in the other mod.

New response