Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued

by azaghal

Adds two Advanced Artillery Remotes to the game. Artillery Cluster Remote targets nearby spawners and worms and lays down a carpet of artillery fire against them. Artillery Discovery Remote fires artillery rounds in an arc to assist in map exploration.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Combat

b [FIXED] Crash when loading existing save

1 year, 3 months ago

Crash when loading my save:

169.056 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1572: The mod Advanced Artillery Remotes Continued (4.0.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued::on_init()
AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued/scripts/remotes.lua:596: attempt to index local 'prototype' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued/scripts/remotes.lua:596: in function 'get_projectile_damage_radius'
AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued/scripts/remotes.lua:638: in function 'get_damage_radius_default'
AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued/scripts/remotes.lua:692: in function 'initialise_global_data'
AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued/scripts/remotes.lua:722: in function <AdvancedArtilleryRemotesContinued/scripts/remotes.lua:721>

Thanks

1 year, 3 months ago

Hello and thanks for reporting the crash :)

Would it be possible to provide me with a list of mods you have installed? I think I have an idea what the issue is, but I'd just like to pinpoint it a bit and see if I need to handle some additional use-cases.

1 year, 3 months ago

Oh, and game version would be useful as well, just in case.

1 year, 3 months ago

Ok, I pushed an update that might fix the issue, but without being able to reproduce the issue, I can't guarantee it. However, I'd still appreciate to see a list of mods you have installed so I can figure out if I need to have a bit more logic in the code :)

1 year, 3 months ago

Still crashing when I turn the mod back on after yesterday's update and this morning's update.

1 year, 3 months ago

Sorry for the delay!

My game version: 1.1.76
My mod list: https://paste.fo/raw/c0986ce0683c

Thanks

1 year, 3 months ago

The last update is working fine here!

Thanks.

1 year, 3 months ago

@walnuts_forever - are you getting identical crash or a different one? Can you provide me with list of installed mods and what the base game version is?

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I have your mod a 4.0.1 and I get this error (which is unchanged from last time I think):
Unknown custom-input name: artillery-cluster-remote stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'on_event'
Shortcuts-ick/control.lua:1060:in function
'custom_input_give_item_2'
Shortcuts-ick/control.lua:1131 in main chunk

1 year, 3 months ago

@walnuts_forver - that's a crash in a completely different mod - Shortcuts for 1.1. I would suggest opening-up a discussion thread/bug report over there instead.

With that being said, since I depend on that mod as well, I'll probably look into creating a pull request for it as well. Should be fairly simple short-term - just renaming the artillery-cluster-remote into artillery-cluster-remote-artillery-shell. Long-term, my mod can now introduce multiple cluster remotes into the game, and sorting out Shortcuts support for that one will be a bit more complicated.

1 year, 3 months ago

As a temporary solution:
Mod Settings >>>> Start Up >>>> Shortcuts for 1.1 >>>> Uncheck/Disable the "Artillary Targetting Remote"

This will allow both mods to continue to run alongside eachother until the issue is resolved.

1 year, 3 months ago

So, I already have a PR for Shortcuts that will fix at least vanilla ammo category handling opened-up here:

Some quick testing I've done, the changes should fix all the issues at least short-term. Some further work would be needed to properly support all the new possible cluster remotes, though.

@SimplyRy - thank you for providing a workaround solution for the mod users, much appreciated :)

1 year, 3 months ago

Oh! I had assume that path was vanilla UI stuff. I'll try that and see if that tweak works.

1 year, 3 months ago

Okay, yeah, can confirm @SymplyRY's suggestion worked, and @azaghal, sorry for getting confused about which mod in that update caused the errors. Everything seems to be working now.

1 year, 3 months ago

No worries - in some ways it's useful you posted about the crash since I was able to look into Shortcuts mod as well - I use that one on regular basis as well :)

1 year, 3 months ago

I'll close off this thread since the original issue has been fixed - there's a couple other threads regarding the crash for Shortcuts (btw, new version I just released has some compatibility code for Shortctus for 1.1 that will prevent crashing).

This thread has been locked.