Advanced Inserters

by Neomore

All electric inserters now have filters. The Filter Inserter is now a Long-Fast Inserter, and the Stack Filter Inserter is now a Long-Stack Inserter. Long inserters are now a separate line of inserters. Recipe costs are slightly more expensive Use with the "Auto Blacklist" mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Auto-Blacklist for best results.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

b Missing Base as dependency

2 years ago

It seems this mod is instantly failing when Base isn't loaded as a dependency.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello DarkSlayerEX

I'm not sure what you mean by "when Base isn't loaded as a dependency". I just tried loading my save file on the latest version of the game, and the mod loaded perfectly fine.

Could you please provide a bit more information as to what you're doing, what mods you're using, and also what version you're currently running on.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

All I know for sure is that I ran into issues with the mod erroring, telling me the defs you are editing with data.raw were nil, and changing this line to include base

"dependencies": ["base >= 1.1.0", "? Auto-Blacklist"]

fixes it.

I assume as long as base is there regardless of which version is actually placed in, should work. If you're editing data from another mod/base, It makes sense to make it a dependency, so the mods won't try to load backwards.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm glad to hear that making this change fixes it. However, Factorio removed the ability to disable "base" many years ago, and removed the need to list "dependencies: base" in the file. So, making this change should not be fixing anything at all. As for loading things in the wrong order, Factorio is well designed to prevent that, as Base always loads first, then any mods subject to your given dependencies (hence why listing Base isn't needed anymore)

I believe you are experiencing either a mod conflict, or some other issue that can't be diagnosed without more information. Could you re-download the latest version of the mod and try running it again. If the game crashes, take a screenshot and post a link to the image here.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

This is with ONLY Base, and this mod loaded.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1412f0csb6hxrxa/BrokenMod.png?dl=0

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I understand that that is what appears to be happening. However, as I stated, Factorio ALWAYS loads Base before any mods (because how could you load the mod without the game to load it). As such, it is impossible that, without another mod causing a conflict, this mod could be loading before Base. In addition, as stated before, I loaded the mod yesterday on my testing save file, without changes, and it worked.

2 years ago

I tried to remove the post to do extra steps, but could only edit. I had put in a proper link.

2 years ago

This is interesting to me, because I just removed all mods but this one, and the game still loads "base" first. "Inserter" is a value the game uses, so there seems to be some issue with your game not loading correctly, which is why putting "base" as a dependency to the first thing it loads fixes the issue.

I would try reinstalling Factorio completely, and see if the issue persists. Also, try loading another mod that is alphabetically before "base", and that doesn't list "base" as a dependency, and see if the issue still occurs.

2 years ago

I can't find anything of all of my subscribed mods that doesn't have base as a dependency, aside from more cargo planes, and that requires aircraft, which requires base.

2 years ago

Then I'd suggest deleting "Base" from aircraft. If you need assistance with this, let me know.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Okay first of all, Aircraft isn't editing BASE prototypes, this is. the factorio discord has already confirmed to me base is needed as a dependency.

The ONLY reason I posted the issue here is because we already trouble-shooted it all.

Secondly, if you had edited the prototypes through data.raw in data-updates, sure this wouldn't be as bad, but you have them in the prototypes folder, being called through data

2 years ago

If you'd like, I can post a link to a video of me loading the game with a completely unmodified copy of my mod to prove to you that, no, Base is not required as a dependency.

As for your assertions that my coding is bad, I personally don't care.

Given that I have been making mods for this game for years, and extensively troubleshoot mods before uploading them, I can tell you this isn't my mod's fault. If the Discord disagrees, they are incorrect.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm glad to hear that making this change fixes it. However, Factorio removed the ability to disable "base" many years ago, and removed the need to list "dependencies: base" in the file.

I don't use this mod but ran across the discussion... Neomore, your understanding of the data lifecycle isn't accurate. Please see: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Data-Lifecycle.html

Base isn't necessarily loaded first, it is also not even required. Since your mod is alphabetically before base, it can load earlier if there isn't already another mod forcing base to load before yours. Even still, adding 7 or so characters to your info.json to fix what you see as a corner-case doesn't seem overly burdensome.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm glad to hear that making this change fixes it. However, Factorio removed the ability to disable "base" many years ago, and removed the need to list "dependencies: base" in the file.

I don't use this mod but ran across the discussion... Neomore, your understanding of the data lifecycle isn't accurate. Please see: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Data-Lifecycle.html

Base isn't necessarily loaded first, it is also not even required. Since your mod is alphabetically before base, it can load earlier if there isn't already another mod forcing base to load before yours. Even still, adding 7 or so characters to your info.json to fix what you see as a corner-case doesn't seem overly burdensome.

I fully admit to not understanding how everything mod related works, and I agree that it isn't burdensome to fix the issue, and probably will regardless. However, if your analysis is correct, and base must be listed as a dependency, please explain why I can load the mod on my PC, sans any other mods, without it. It seems like what you're implying is that if Base is not listed as a dependency, the game can randomly decide not to load base first, which SHOULD be a bug with the game if so.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Can confirm, doesn't load base before this. As for the seemingly random loading order, the game loads in alphabetical order, so a gets loaded before b.

New response