A minor overhaul to inserters
- All electric inserters now have filter slots. The number of slots depends on the tier of inserter, with "slow" inserters having 5, "fast" inserters having 3, and "stack" inserters having 1
- 'Filter Inserters' are now 'Long-Handed Fast Inserters'
- 'Stack Filter Inserters' are now 'Long-Handed Stack Inserters'
- All "long-type" inserters are now a completely separate inserter line from "short-type" inserters. This means the vanilla "long inserter" fast replace group is actually used.
- Inserter recipes have been altered to be slightly more expensive as a result. "fast type" and "stack type" inserters now require steel instead of iron plates or gears. Cost was made to scale better with increased tech, while still being relatively cheap to craft overall.
- Many small tweaks to balancing to account for these changes, including:
- 'Long-Handed Inserters' no longer require 'Inserters' to craft
- 'Long-Handed Inserters' no longer unlock from research, and are available at the start alongside 'Inserters'
- 'Long-Handed Fast Inserters' upgrade from 'Long-Handed Inserters'
- 'Long-Handed Stack Inserters' upgrade from 'Long-Handed Fast Inserters'
- All "long type" inserters have slightly higher energy cost and recipe cost than their respective "short type" inserters
All inserters already placed in-world will be set to whitelist mode, so be careful installing this in old save files. I'd recommend using the 'Auto Blacklist' mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Auto-Blacklist if you want inserters to always start blacklist first