Advanced Inserters

by Neomore

All electric inserters now have filters. The Filter Inserter is now a Long-Fast Inserter, and the Stack Filter Inserter is now a Long-Stack Inserter. Long inserters are now a separate line of inserters. Recipe costs are slightly more expensive Use with the "Auto Blacklist" mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Auto-Blacklist for best results.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

b Burner Inserters Stuck in Whitlist mode.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Also there may be an incompatibility with the No Power Icons mod. The fuel icons are still being displayed in the burner inserters when they are out of fuel.

So that leads to the main issue. Sometimes the burner inserters get stuck after being placed when there is nothing on the belt. It also seems to happen more if the burners are in whitelist mode and are set to one item when only another item is on the belt.

I place coal on one side of the belt, and then if I have solid fuel they will be on the other side of the belt, and the coal side will be disabled. I did this to insure the more efficient fuel is used first if available. So basically I have two burner inserters on each side of the belt with different whitelist settings.
What seems to happen, is that if set to whitelist solid fuel, the burner inserters won't grab the coal.
(The reason I was whitelisting them, was that I didn't see the comment about using the Auto Blacklist mod requirement. My bad! I think the requirement for the Auto Blacklist mod should be forced when using this mod.)

Is there a way to force them to grab any source of fuel in this situation? Another thing that might work is to add more whitelist slots for the burner inserter so that I can whitelist more things. I could set it to blacklist mode and use one inserter on each side, but I don't think that will fix the problem. The base game had this same issue of the burner inserters getting stuck if fuel wasn't available when the inserters are first placed, or when I run out of fuel on the belt. I thought that was fixed.

I would prefer that all of the inserters have multiple black list and white list slots, and they should be available when they are researched.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: Your recent change in 1.0.2 basically eliminates the issues I have with the burner inserters. The stuck burner inserters thing is probably still a Base Game bug, and the No Power Icons issue is probably something in that mod. I guess I'll post an issue about that to the No Power Icons mod. Thanks.
The new changes made for the other inserters looks good as well.

3 years ago

Glad to hear that the fixes seem to have resolved most of your issues.

Originally, this mod and the 'auto blacklist' mod were merged into 1 mod, but at least 1 person didn't like the functionality, and I decided the blacklisting was useful on its own. I'll probably update again to add an optional dependency, so people know to look for it.

3 years ago

Thank you.

New response