Kuxynator's Compatibility Mod AE deprecated

This mod is now obsolete. Use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kux-LogisticsCenterCS Mod for compatibility. This mod is a dependency and is added automatically. Manual download is not necessary. Repacked mod for private use only. All credits to original author.

3 years ago

g Please no GUIDs

3 years ago

I'd like to ask you not to use GUIDs as part of titles, and especially not as mod names.
Here are several reasons as to why:
It makes the life of anybody who ends up dealing with those mods a lot harder, may it be reading the name in a dependency and not knowning what the heck it is, may it be typing in the url to the mod page direcly (which you basically can't), may it be searching for the mod on the portal, may it be seeing the mod on the portal, or, a bit more uncommon but still the case, may it be someone writing tools that deal with all the mods on the portal, where the mod's name is used as an identifier. debugging anything where that mod name is included is very hard because you can't memorize that "name", or seeing the mod name in a search result and having no idea what it actually does.

I understand why you're doing it in this case, but here is my proposal for future random compatability mods:
Just use something like "KuxynatorsCompatibilityMod{some postfix}" where {some postfix} can be a number or some hint for what the compatability mod is for. Just anything but GUIDs.

And if i misread your intentions and you are just trolling, then i am sorry to everybody else for feeding the trolls.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

No one, except few selected users need these specific mods, either they already exist under a public name or they only work on the server.

Mods with a guid as name are temporary and declared private for specific reasons. I can not prevent them from being seen and beeing used.
Mods are required on this portal to sync the server. No one needs to select such a mod manually. These are dependencies of a private mod pack. When the time is ripe to be public, all mods will receive a meaningful name and a valid licence. These mods should never be used as dependecies in other mods.

As long there is no convention to hide mods (or select an other portal to sync mods) I can only hide the name.
I hope for your understanding for this measure.

Edit
I have updated the display names.

3 years ago

Yes i understand, and was already thinking that that was your reason.
Thank you for explaining however because it shows that you do know what you're doing, and i am happy to hear that.

I appreciate you changing the title, i'm too bad at englisch/languages in general to really explain what that means/shows, but in the end i now know that you won't needlessly pollute the mod portal, which is all i cared about.
So, thanks again :)

(And btw, i'd be all for hidden mods, as long as it's implemented properly without much pain involved. Maybe one day)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i'm too bad at englisch/languages

your english is better then mine. I can't recognize which is your native language, but I can offer to talk German if that would be easier.
Feel free to contact me in Discord: kux#5599 https://discord.com/invite/BWUTaJy

3 years ago

Ha, sounds good and i'll keep it in mind for the future. I did see a german description in one of your mods so i guessed it might be... and well german is my first language too ;)

At the time of writing that sentence i did try to think of a german way to say it but failed to so so as well, so i decided the rest of the message was good enough to convey my message. Funnily enough i decided to focus more on englisch than german for now, so in some topics i actually have a much easier time to talk in englisch than german.

3 years ago

Mod is now published
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kux-LogisticsCenterCS
and this mod is obsolete and hidden.

New response