0.17 science conversion deprecated

# DEPRECATED AS OF 2019-03-31T22:13:01 - SUPPORT PHASE ENDED Adds in the new science pack recipes and known tech tree, while keeping 0.16 recipes intact so that the player may update their base at their own pace. Implements almost all 0.17 balance changes: transport-belt, mining, smelting changes, and more (see page for full list). Compatible with existing saves, most big mods and will support release 0.17! IMPORTANT NOTE: Version 0.1.6 of this mod is the last working version of the mod. Version 0.1.7 of the mod will be only for migrating saves to the official 0.17.

Tweaks
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Newest version crashes on startup.

5 years ago

something about an unknown "?"

5 years ago

I edited line 130 of 017_science_0.0.12\data-updates.lua to:
if tech and valid == true then
(tech.unit should be tech)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Fixed for 0.0.13 (hopefully, i'm not sure what mod causes that issue).
Ignores the technology if unit is not present
Let me know if it happens in the next version

5 years ago

I'm still getting an error on line 162 of data-updates.lue :Attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

5 years ago

Can you tell me what mods you're using? can't replicate this or the previous error in vanilla

5 years ago

A lot, I'm afraid, over 200. I was having no issue with 0.0.11 is all I know.

5 years ago

okay, releasing 0.0.14. see if that fixes it. if that doesn't work, there is a switch to disable the tech-tree and revert it to the old versions (this doesn't use the tech tree script which is causing these issues).

5 years ago

Same crash on load. Works fine if I go into the settings.lue and set the flag to false.
Here's my modlist even though I'm sure it won't help since it has so much. https://i.ibb.co/GtJFdMN/image.png

5 years ago

Just confirmed that OP's issue is fixed (tested in an AB + AAI modpack)
added some more checks. hopefully it will be more robust. (I cannot replicate the latter issue by creating a tech with nil effects.) 0.0.15

5 years ago

Not fixd here. lua 94, ttempint to index field "science-pack-3" ( a nul value) in data-updates.lua

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

whoops, forgot to account for the enable-old-science opt.
fixed for 0.0.16
EDIT: release pushed

New response