0.17 science conversion deprecated

# DEPRECATED AS OF 2019-03-31T22:13:01 - SUPPORT PHASE ENDED Adds in the new science pack recipes and known tech tree, while keeping 0.16 recipes intact so that the player may update their base at their own pace. Implements almost all 0.17 balance changes: transport-belt, mining, smelting changes, and more (see page for full list). Compatible with existing saves, most big mods and will support release 0.17! IMPORTANT NOTE: Version 0.1.6 of this mod is the last working version of the mod. Version 0.1.7 of the mod will be only for migrating saves to the official 0.17.

Tweaks
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

i Most of other possible aditions

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I've sorted an roadmap to see, if there is some more things that may be implemented. Here's result:

Implemented in this mod:
    Mining hardness and power removed and replaced by a mining time modifier
    Stone has an equal mining time to other early game resources
    Item limit removed for vanilla assembling machines
    Atomic bombs use rocket control units instead of processing units
    Power armor mk. 2 requires level 2 modules

proposal:

Belt immunity equipment
        https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-256
        recipe: 10 steel, 5 RC, 10t
        do not unlock if already unlocked (for example, if Nanobots have unlocked it)

Vanilla armor no longer has durability
        set dur to ~x100 of mk3
        change only vanilla armors

Pickaxes removed
    Base mining speed equal to that of an iron pickaxe
    Steel research increases mining speed
        give iron pickaxe on game enter
        give steel pickaxe on research, that unlocks steel(whatever the research is - for modded), delete old iron pickaxe (if it's iron pickaxe)
        give same pickaxe on revive
        give same pickaxe on join/rejoin (for mp)
        set dur to x100 of steel one
        they are still craftable to not break anything and just in case you'll ever use up or lose one

minor:
    Burner efficiency no longer used in vanilla (has absolutely no effect, so actually useless)

tech rewamp:
    Science packs have their own researches
    Beacons and level 3 modules require production science
    The satellite is unlocked by the space science pack recipe
    Rocket silo technology only unlocks the rocket silo and rocket part
    Rocket fuel has its own technology (prereqs. engine and rocketry)
    Nuclear power is split to Uranium processing and nuclear power (Kovarex e p prereqs. uranium processing and rocket fuel)
    Rocket control units are their own technology (prereqs. purple and yellow science)
    Low density structure has its own technology (prereqs. blue science and advanced material processing)
    Low density structures replace steel in the portable fusion reactor, personal laser defense, and mk. 2 equipment

Does not needed in this mod, implemented in other mods, or should be implemented as standalone mod:
    Map ping (PickerExtended)
    Shallow water (can be crossed but not built on, not currently in freeplay) (Shallow Water)
    The game is won by launching a rocket escape pod (idk)
    Recipe tree (FNEI, Helmod)
    Temporary train stops (no idea, want this)
    Fuel in blueprints (Autofill, feels weird)
    Trains in blueprint (Blueprintable Trains)
    Pipe fast replace (idk)
    Vehicles are built with some fuel inserted from your inventory (Autofill, Fill4me, etc)
    Train out of fuel indicator (idk)
(if you know mod IDK, please answer here. I'm not looking for alternatives for known mods.)
5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

just learnt that mining-tool durability can actually be infinite if you use math.huge
just need to implement the logic of giving pickaxes

edit: nvm just remembered that manualminingspeedmodifier is a thing

5 years ago

Check if it works for mining, 'cuz last time i tried mining wothout pickaxe game said "your mining power is not enough" or something

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Solved the mining-tool issue, ended up using some scripting to make sure that the player always has the most effective mining tool in their tool slot. Seems to works with mods, but there may be some edge cases i haven't tested. The other changes seem pretty easy to implement, although we don't know the cost of the science-pack technologies. --Some of them I assume are reskins of existing techs (utility science seems to be very similar to advanced-electronics-2 for example). EDIT. appears that's not the case

New response