|Created:||2 years ago|
|Latest Version:||1.1.11 (10 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.13 - 0.16|
Add building platform at world generation. Some building can only be placed on those platform. You will need to take care on how you do some design to fit them on building platform and your base will have less space to expand. You will surely need train at one point to convey resources from one platform to the other. As space is an issue, you will be forced to use more module. Feel free to discuss about the mod as it can be changed/improved if you have idea ;) . It's Factorio 0.13 and 0.14 compatible.
List of building that need platform to be build (it can be changed in the config file) :
- Storage Tank
- Steam generator
- Solar panel
- Assembling Machine
- Rocket Silo
Misc infos :
- Size and frequency can be changed on world generation screen. If you make platform more frequent, up the size too because the world gen shrink platform when they are more frequent. If you make them less frequent, inspect starting area to be sure to have enough platform for a starting base.
- Platform outside starting area should be a bit larger, but less frequent than those in the starting area.
- Don't forget that inserters and belts can be placed outside platform.
- Upgrading to electric furnace is not everytime possible or a good solution.
- You can't remove platform.
- You can craft platform if you activate it in the mod config file. Multiple recipe has been added, you can change it in the mod config file. By default platform are NOT craftable.
- Roboports, Logistics chest and combinator are by default placeable outside platform but you can restrict them in the config.
- If you craft platform, keep in mind that they are NOT mineable, every platform placed is here for good.
- Concrete or stonepath can be built on platform. It doesn't remove platform (if you remove concrete, the platform will still be here).
- For now the platform is a white concrete. I want to change that at some point but have no idea what to put instead.
- It's technically possible to add this mod in an existing game, but you will need to redo your factory. Your old one will still working but you can't place new building outside platform and those platform will only spawn when you discover new area of the map. So better start a new game.
- As you will need to expand a bit more than normal, turn bitter setting a bit down as in 0.13 there are a lot of them.
- If you are using RSO, platforms will look more 'blocky', if you don't like that, you can turn it off by setting 'useStraightWorldPlatforms' in RSO config to false.
You can find complete changelog and more information in the forum post for this mod.
You can find caption for the picture in the same forum post section "Pictures".
Another mod make QoL improvement for this mod, see Building Platform Tweaks mod.
People that played with m2cengine's concentric-circle in v1.0.4 need this compatibility mod to keep their world in the same state if they update my mod to version 1.0.5.
Credits to Earendel for the new Building-Platform texture and m2cengine for the concentric-circle generation.
Changelog for version 1.1.11 :
- Make necessary change for Factorio 0.16
- Any platform made using API call isn't based after actual concrete anymore. Instead use a copy of the concrete declaration from Factorio 0.15.35. (Until the API is updated to reflect 0.16 change to how tile are defined.)
- Any tile made using API with an autoplace setting is set to the terrain category.
- Platforms can now be placed next to water.
- Add support for other surface than nauvis to custom platform generation. The default surface
nauvisis allowed custom placement of platforms by default. (#9)
- Add three API functions accessible in controls.lua to building-platform's interface :
- addSurfacesToCustomPlacementList : Add one or multiple surface to the list of allowed surface for custom platform generation.
- removeSurfacesToCustomPlacementList : Remove one or multiple surface to the list of allowed surface for custom platform generation.
- getCustomPlacementAllowedSurfacesList : Get the list of surfaces allowed for custom platforms generation. The list is a table in the form [surface]=>true.
Known Bugs (0.16)
- Platform tile graphics can look weird under certain circumstances.
- Grid and concentric circle platforms custom generation do not appear in the map generation preview.