Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Crash

7 years ago

Sorry, my English is very bad. I´m german man!
I play factorio with the mod factorissmo and am happy. You're doing a good job.
Now came Factorissimo2, I installed this and was very curious. But if I put a building then comes the following error message:

Error while running event on_built_entity (ID 6)
No available surface indexes.
stack traceback:
Factorissimo2/control.lua:312: in function 'create_factory_position'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:378: in function 'create_factory_interior'
Factorissimo2/control.lua:637: in function <Factorissimo2/control.lua:630>

Please help me. If they need more information, tell me which (mods etc).
Thank you for your efforts.
Have a nice day.

7 years ago

Ah yes, I see you've used a lot of Factorissimo1 buildings already. To stop this from happening, do the following: Count how many Factorissimo2 buildings you have already built, and set the Factorissimo2 config option max_surfaces to that number or less. Also from now on you should avoid placing new Factorissimo1 buildings, or else you will crash again.

I'll also add a patch to Factorissimo and Factorissimo2 in the next update that stops this crash from happening, even without needing that fix.

7 years ago

Yes, I already have many Factorissimo1 buildings. How many do not know. This is my first Factorissimo2 building and it crashes off. However, Factorissimo1 building I can build.

7 years ago

Ups ... No even if I now a Factorissimo1 building set, the error message comes

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Oh. That is incredibly bad luck, because that means you have exactly 255 Factorissimo1 buildings, which is the limit, so you're already out of available surfaces. I'm very sorry to say this, but you can't build any more factory buildings in your world.

7 years ago

Couldn't he empty out the factory buildings and delete the surfaces with a script?

7 years ago

Unfortunately no, there's mod-specific data that needs to be deleted but can't be deleted with a script. This all is an unfortunate consequence of Factorissimo1's bad coding.

7 years ago

If I start a new world and use only Factorissimo2, then I have the limit of 255 again?

7 years ago

Nope. If you use only Factorissimo2, then there is no limit at all. Have fun!

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

wait... so how it works? i'm confused

NVM i see... Factorissimo1 is old mod and F2 is new mod xDDDD

7 years ago

Thanks for the quick helpful answers. I have started a new world and am overwhelmed. The new Factorissimo2 is great.
One of the best mods I know for Factorio. Very good work :)
Have perhaps still an idea, which I had often used in Factorio.
Would it be possible, as soon as you are in the building, to turn the factories built in? And maybe still exchange between the top and bottom, as well as right and left? Then you only need to rebuild its outlets and inputs and can use it differently. As an example, I built a warehouse with several department stores in the factory. Left side are all my inputs, right side my outputs. Now I have to move the factory and therefore I need it just the other way round. So right side my inputs and left side my outputs. Here I would now either 2x turn, or exchange between left and right.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I've designed the factory interior space to be 4x rotationally symmetric, to use the fact that you can rotate blueprints. Once you have construction robots, simply blueprint the interior, deconstruct it, and place the blueprint down rotated. Don't forget to readjust the connections if necessary.

If you can't easily deconstruct the interior because it contains a lot of chests with items, or if you don't have robots yet, then you could think about building your workshop so that it can receive input from multiple sides!

New response