Creative Mode (Fix for 0.16)

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games. Quick patch for 0.16 until an official release - everything should work now.

Content
5 years ago
Cheats

i New mod fix?

6 years ago

Hey man think you can fix the The fat controller mod?

6 years ago

I looked into it; I can fix part of it but the Lua API removed the ability to insert people into trains in 0.16. Would need a redesign of how it works to fix that, which is outside the scope of a quick fix.

6 years ago

Honestly, if that would have to be disabled it'd be fine to me. I didn't use that feature as often and found more value in the rest of it. I'm working on seeing if I can at least fix it to load for myself, but I have very little programming experience and have never worked on the GUI before. :P

6 years ago

That functionality was used for other things as well; train mods had a tendency to create a virtual player to insert into trains to do various things. That's no longer possible, at least not directly.

6 years ago

Ok. I know I have it working (mostly) for myself now, so not as big of an issue to me. Only thing I can't seem to figure out at the moment is the options in the alarm settings window don't seem to save/be remembered. It doesn't seem to be throwing any errors that I can see, though, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

As a thought on the player controlling the train, I'm not sure what the Avatar mod is doing to allow control of created player characters or if this is a different game mechanic? Not sure if it was something worth looking at.

6 years ago

If it's checkboxes not saving, probably needs to have on_gui_checked_state_changed implemented; previously checkboxes would trigger on_gui_click for checkboxes as well, this is no longer the case.

6 years ago

Hmm, LuaEntity::passenger has been removed… but set_driver has been added, which seems to serve the same purpose?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

set_driver and set_passenger don't work for trains. set_driver is only valid when the entity is a Vehicle, and set_passenger is only valid when the Vehicle is a Car(which encompasses both cars and tanks).

Somehow both a Train and it's associated carriages are not Vehicles, even though player.vehicle will return the carriage the player is inside.

New response