Creative Mode (Fix for 0.16)

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games. Quick patch for 0.16 until an official release - everything should work now.

Content
5 years ago
Cheats

b Cant start Creative Mode

6 years ago

Error while running event creative-mode-fix::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Style of type HorizontalFlow can't have parent style of type Flow
stack traceback:
creative-mode-fix/scripts/gui-menu.lua:163: in function 'create_or_hide_main_menu_for_player'
creative-mode-fix/scripts/gui-menu.lua:258: in function 'on_gui_click'
creative-mode-fix/scripts/gui.lua:215: in function 'on_gui_click'
creative-mode-fix/scripts/events.lua:485: in function '?'
creative-mode-fix/scripts/events.lua:1101: in function <creative-mode-fix/scripts/events.lua:1036>

6 years ago

i have the same error

6 years ago

I have the same error when I click Build options

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

yes on build and magic wand options the same error appears

6 years ago

Well, he stated such in the description of the mod. You need to use a vanilla option such as, for example, a filter inserter where you have set a filter to the item you want. Copy that filter, and then paste it on to the matter, or fluid source that you want to produce anything.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

the gui for matter sources and such is broken , it says so in the description of the mod , you can CTRL left click a filter inserter and CTRL right click on a matter source for example. Edit : Do not report known bugs that the author who made this quick patch doesnt know how to fix , read the description of the mod first , thank you.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

The GUI for most everything should work now(0.0.4). Magic wand is still broken. If you come across a specific instance of something breaking that's not the magic wand, let me know.

Edit: it's more a lack of time than anything - most of the problems have to be solved one at a time, launching the game, testing the mod, and then patching where it dies. Factorio is great in this respect, it provides great error reporting.

6 years ago

Factorio definetly provides great error reporting i have to agree, without this great error reporting i couldn'nt have done so much to patch bottlenec(even tho i failed :C)

6 years ago

Please, what did you do to fix this problem? I'm stuck on the same issue for Research Queue (Style of type HorizontalFlow can't have parent style of type Flow) and I can't for the life of me understand how to fix it.

6 years ago

When a flow is instanced, it now ends up with a direction, and thus will be either horizontal_flow or vertical_flow, so must have a style of type horizontal_flow_style or vertical_flow_style depending on the direction argument (or defaults to horizontal I believe if not specified).

That means that any styles applied must be of the type that is instanced, and if parented, must be parented to the correct parent(horizontal_flow or vertical_flow). Check what direction of flow is instanced, and change the style used to be of the correct type. If you used a style that was used for both a vertical and horizontal flow, you must split it into two separate styles.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

When a flow is instanced, it now ends up with a direction, and thus will be either horizontal_flow or vertical_flow, so must have a style of type horizontal_flow_style or vertical_flow_style depending on the direction argument (or defaults to horizontal I believe if not specified).

That means that any styles applied must be of the type that is instanced, and if parented, must be parented to the correct parent(horizontal_flow or vertical_flow). Check what direction of flow is instanced, and change the style used to be of the correct type. If you used a style that was used for both a vertical and horizontal flow, you must split it into two separate styles.

Glad I happened across this! This info is helping me fix another mod for personal use that hasn't been updated yet.

And going to download this one, too, as I used the Creative Mode mod for testing setups and layouts.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

error load mod

failed to load mods:creative-mode-fix/data-final-fixes.lua:221:attempt to concatenate field game 'name' (a nil value)

6 years ago

Please start a new topic for problems, don't add on to a random 3 month old thread about completely different issues.

This is an incompatibility with some other mod, so I'll need a list of active mods to narrow it down.

New response