Even Distribution just recieved a large update with a bunch of new features, including the long awaited "Balance inventories" mode 🥳 as well as a new fancy settings GUI (click the blue button to the right of the inventory screen) and more QoL improvements.
Of course a large update is never free of those pesky bugs. If you found one or just want to leave a suggestion, let me know on the discussions page.
CTRL + Click Drag
Even Distribution modifies vanilla behaviour for CTRL + Click Drag to evenly distribute the items over multiple buildings.
Pick an item, hold CTRL and Click Drag it over multiple buildings.
Start dragging while NOT hovering over a building with the mouse.
- CTRL + Left Click Drag = Evenly distribute all items in your inventory
- CTRL + Right Click Drag = Evenly distribute half the items in your inventory
- Distribute items evenly: Takes the items and divides them evenly across the targets regardless of existing contents.
- Balance inventories: Tries to level out the amount of the item you are distributing across all targets, so you always end up with an even amount. (Works with Shift+C as well)
Fuel and ammo
- Limit the amount of fuel and ammo that burners and turrets recieve. Very useful in early game, when you don't have tons of everything. These limits apply to CTRL+Click Drag and Shift+C by default, but can be turned off individually.
- CTRL+Click Drag can replace inferior fuel and ammo when distributing. (e.g. wood with coal or normal rounds with piercing rounds)
Inventory Cleanup Hotkey (SHIFT + C)
Tired of having your inventory filled to the brim with useless crap like ores and copper wire?
Well... just press Shift+C. It evenly distributes all unneeded items from your inventory into nearby machines and chests that accept it. It will keep a minimum amount of some important items like iron or copper plates in your inventory.
By default it distributes items like raw ores, intermediates and science packs aswell as everything in your trash-slots.
The following mods are supported out of the box:
- Base ;)
- Bobs mods
- Angels mods
- Pyanodons mods
- Krastorio 1+2
- Seablock modpack
- Industrial Revolution
- (Space Exploration soon™)
Most other mods work if they use the default vanilla item groups.
How to customize SHIFT+C
To customize the default item lists, add the items to your personal logistic slots.
The slots have a minimum and maximum count.
By default Shift+C distributes all items above the minimum count.
Change the setting in the Even Distribution settings window to only distribute items above the maximum count.
To exclude certain items, that are distributed by default, add them to the logistic slots with minimum amount = 0 and maximum amount = infinite: