All Resources Yield

by laftur

Enables yield (infinite) mode for all resources, with configurable minimum yield and optional maximum yield.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Environment Mining

g Difference between 2.1.1 an 2.1.0

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Is there a difference between version 2.1.0 an 2.1.1? The only difference I see when quickly looking at contents is the factorio version number in info.json.

To achieve (explicit) compatibility with both 0.17 and 0.18 I think you can set factorio_version to 0.18 (like in 2.1.1) and in your dependencies base >= 0.17.0. This way you don't have to release two version of your mod every time.

3 years ago

Your assessment is correct. 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 are functionally identical, but are released separately for compatibility with both stable and experimental Factorio. It's incredibly clunky, but I don't know how else to do it. I care a lot about my version numbers, so this issue bothers me a lot.

I tried your suggestion just now. Factorio 0.17 loads the mod successfully, but disables it silently, citing incompatibility. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. If you know of a working example of your suggestion, please link it here. Thanks for your help.

3 years ago

Installed 0.17 to test and indeed it doesn't work. Sorry.

I just can't believe that there is no solution for this. It seems like a problem every mod author would run into.

[deleted message]

New response