Derringer's Cross-Compatibility: AAI Industry

Cross-compatibility patch to resolve snarls in other mods that happen when AAI Industry rearranges the tech tree.

2 years ago

i AAI steam power > ScienceCostTweaker compatibility

2 years ago

Love the compatibility patches you are releasing. I was wondering if you might, as an add in for this one, patch an issue between AAI and ScienceCostTweaker. As you can see in the screen shot. The combination of these two mods alters the required science for Steam Power. However it does so by requiring 2 different science packs that cannot be researched together. No science facility accepts those 2 colors of science at the same time.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/51cql46kd5qzijq/steam%20power%20AAI.png?dl=0

Thank you so far and keep up the good work.

2 years ago

Ouch, a hard lock! I've been able to play past the snags fixed so far by merely throwing a couple thousand more research packs at it than I should have to, but this is serious. What other big stuff is in your pack?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Ummm.. like 100 mods? AAI, Angels, Bobs are the big ones. Here is a link to the latest save if you want to take a look at it. I got past that lock by using AAI ~5.0.9, finishing the research, then updating to the newest (~5.0.12) The pack is similar to what one of the big? Factorio Youtubers is using. Marsh has like a 180? ep series going and he had the same issue. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kebz9un0zk3dy6/Bob%20Angels%20AAI%20stream%203.zip?dl=0

2 years ago

Latest update of AAI Industry won't even boot alongside ScienceCostTweaker if those are the only two mods installed! This could be thorny.

2 years ago

Found some conversations on the Discord server where AAI bug reports are. It looks like this is a known conflict with ScienceCostTweaker and the AAI team is in a holding pattern waiting for SCT to be updated. Per them, SCT is quite out of date. So a fix to this issue might require submitting something and updating SCT itself.

2 years ago

SCT is indeed out of date, but I've managed to unsnarl it enough to come up properly and not create the Steam Power hard lock or early game technology loops.

2 years ago

<3 awesome.

2 years ago

I had a regression on the electric engine patch though, so there will be another patch forthcoming :-(

2 years ago

Let me know if the 1.1.2 update works for you.

2 years ago

Shows red green science instead of starter and green. Looks good so far.

1 year, 1 month ago

SCT has been updated. It should work natively with AAI now.

New response