Beacon Rebalance 2

by EvilPLa

Beacon rebalance mod that emulates the balance of Space Exploration's beacons, with an optional overload mechanic.

Content
a month ago
2.1
148
Mining Manufacturing

b [Fixed][Mod ver 2.1.3] Multiplayer desync issue

a month ago

A friend and I were playing Factorio [2.1.17] using this mod, in addition to around 100 other mods, and although she had no issues as the host, I consistently desynced whenever I placed or removed a beacon mk2. From what I can tell in reading the fairly barebones desync logs, the client (me) and the server (her) fail a "crc test (heuristic)", resulting in me getting booted as the server keeps going, but this is the only line in the logs that express something tangible about what has happened:
' Error InputActionHandler.cpp:3012: Multiplayer desynchronisation: crc test (heuristic) failed for crcTick(46535070) serverCRC(3552469724) localCRC(450056591) '
Then there's also a few lines about receiving UnparsedNetworkMessage(s), rather than the literal hundreds of such messages I find in my previous desync logs.

I wish I could add more details about this to be more helpful with the debugging, but I don't know where to start with such sparse info in the logs. All I can add for now is that wretlaw120's latest version of "Beacon Rebalance" (from almost 2 years ago at this point) works fine with all the other mods we're using; aside from a fairly innocuous visual bug.

Hope you're able to fix this issue, it's a great mod otherwise :D

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Well I have personally zero experience with desync issues and solving them, but I think we(as in the modding community) can figure that out.
Can you send me the modlist on Discord in a PM. Or use the issue I open for that https://codeberg.org/pla/wret-beacon-rebalance2#1
And the file script.dat of the desync report maybe.
And, is this only with the new 2.1.3 version, maybe you could test if it happens with the 2.1.2 version too.

a month ago

Here is more info where that desync report is https://forums.factorio.com/53851

a month ago

I hopefully fixed the issue. Last question, did you use Stable Foundation in that save?
Please report back if the issue is really fixed.

a month ago

I don't know what you did, but it worked!

We've had no issues using any of the beacons, even in various qualities, since your latest patch, but... It's a small price to pay if it's what makes the mod work, but we're no longer able to craft mk2 or mk3 beacons in electromagnetic plants, only the mk1 type.

And yes, we're using Stable Foundations in the save.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

I have actually no influence where you can craft the beacons and haven't changed anything on the recipes or prototypes themselfs. Only runtime changes.

a month ago

I just tested, but the old version had the same restriction, but I found the reason. I will fix that shortly.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Happy to hear the desync is gone. All thanks to asmo from the Factorio discord. Thanks a lot.
Removed v2.1.3 from the downloads

New response