What is Missing

by zomis

Choose what you want to produce and this will tell you the main cause why you are not making more of it.

Utilities
1 year, 6 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Stack overflow with long/infinite recipe chains

6 years ago

Hi

I'm using your mod with Angel's and Bob's, the combination contains some long and recursive recipe chains. Factorio tells me that your Mod has a "possible stack overflow" each time it checks what's missing and the chain of missing things is long. It can handle some long chains, but at some point it eventually breaks down.

Cheers

6 years ago

Hi, sorry for the late reply. (Factorio does not give me a notification when you start a new thread here) Can you also open an issue at https://github.com/Zomis/FactorioMods/issues ?

Can you tell me exactly what the chain is? And also exactly the list of mods that you are using? I have tested this with Bob's and I have tested with long chains also including recursive recipies (Empty Barrel -> Barrel with content -> Empty Barrel) and it has worked for me.

The "Possible Stack Overflow" message was added by me as a safeguard if your chain is over a length of 20.

Besides this, does the mod run smoothly for you or do you experience lag?

6 years ago

Please try out the latest version, I believe most performance issues has been fixed.

6 years ago

In the latest version, I changed the threshold for the "Possible Stack Overflow" warning to 50. Thanks for your feedback.

New response