Water consumes pollution

by Kaserik

Why does pollution spread so well through water, considering that many of our pollutants end up in the water in the real world too? The oceans even absorb much of the atmospheric CO2 we generate! This mod improves the pollution absorption of water and is configurable in the settings. Furthermore, deep water absorbs more pollution than shallow and "saturated", green water absorbs less overall.

Tweaks
1 year, 2 months ago
Environment

i Add Water To Pollution GUI

1 year, 2 months ago

Like base game for land tiles and trees.

1 year, 2 months ago

At the moment, water is part of the tiles in the pollution GUI. But yes, you're right, that would be cool. I'll have to see if and how that works. ^^

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Sooo... I looked at Factorio's internal options for configuring the production UI and.... only came across im-possibilities. Mods cannot change the behaviour of the PUI, at most they can add another window. That means here concretely; If Factorio summarises the pollution absorption rate of water under tiles... that's just The Way of Water it is.

I'm really sorry, I had also hoped for more.
I mean, you could consider the possibility of the additional window, but that sounds complicated tbh. At this point, I couldn't do it on my own. ^^'

1 year, 2 months ago

All good, thanks for at least looking. I am surprised there isn't an automatic way of the game just seeing what is consuming pollution and adding it to the screen.

Good work over all though!

New response