Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

b [FIXED] Error when loading into Game

1 year, 10 months ago

Does anyone know the reason why I got this error? I tried to reinstall the deep core mod, still fail to load into game.

"Error in assignID: item with name 'gem-ore' does not exist."
Source : gem-ore-patch (resource).

Thank you in advance //

1 year, 10 months ago

There's been an update to all of the bob's [thing] mods. I've noticed that the ores one has had its config reset somewhy, so you'll have to re-enable all of its ores (namely, the gems one for this case) in its mods options.
Just temporarily disable deep core mining, then enable the ores, then re-enable deep core mining.

Have fun! :)

1 year, 10 months ago

I can't do that because some mod removed this config. Probably some from Angel's

1 year, 10 months ago

Migueeel's response works indeed.
Go to Settings > Mod Settings and turn on 'Enable gems ore'. After that, you can enable VortiK's Deep core mining.

1 year, 10 months ago

There's no setting like this for me but I found a workaround by re-adding the gems by copying the code that added them to a new mod. But this is all a temporary fix, this needs a permanent fix from the author

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello thanks for the report, I'll look into this for the next update to fix gems support when gems are disabled.

1 year, 7 months ago

getting this error too but doing what migueel said didn't work, maybe because I had angels installed but uninstalled it

1 year, 6 months ago

Hello,

This seems rather specific bug, as Deep Core Mining is only looking at existing ores before doing anything. Maybe there is a case where ore is there but "empty" in the code.

Would anyonre share me a savefile to reproduce the bug ? This would help find the problem and fix it.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Hi. I had the same error message today and migueeels advice help. I had to check the last box of 'Bobs ores mod' setting named 'unsorted raw gems'. According to the description this disables gem ores and enables raw gems - quite the opposite of what seems to be required to resolve the error message - but now it loads 'Deep core mining' without error.

7 months ago

Hello,

This is finally fixed in 2.11.1 !

New response