Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

i 1 more setting

3 years ago

hey
been using this mod for quite some time now and its really best approach to unlimited resources out there
i really like it has many settings so i was able to really tune this mod for my needs but got one problem - way it works now it favors big ore patches
in my world i made it so some ores are big but crap quality and others are really small but huge richness ( i also use RAS mod ) , so for example my stiratite and saphirite patches are huge with medium richness , coal is really huge with bad richness but bobmonium is really really small with super high richness . All this provide me with diffrent challenges but now with way your mod morks (i set chance to spawn deep core to 1/99 in map settings) i only get unlimited on ores that are big patches but low richness
so my suggestion is add some setting that reflect to this - mayby diffrent settings for each ore ? sadly i dont know much about mods but way it is now using this settings i cant get it to work so i get balanced output of that unlimited deep cores, if i set it high and i get 1 of bobmonium (or other ore i set small but rich) then my coal has already 100+ spots , if i balance it that i get 3-10 unlimited from coal i get nothing from bobmonium

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

im trying now with minimum distance setting which i tried long ago and it kinda worked but with big patches is was very regular and working more like 100% with fixed distance while giving small patches only 1 unlimited, still mayby it will be better to have few from those than spawn big and 1 from small with same distance between drills than more random but few and 0 or hundreds and 1 ...

3 years ago

Hello,

I made the opiniated choice of having a fixed minimum distance between ore patches and a fixed yield. In most of the case this is relatively balanced but can indeed be a bit OP with large ore patches.

I don't think there is a simple solution without changing deeply how the mod works.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

ok tnx for answer

my ore patches was really big or really small, it was like i could fit only 4 miners with ore in edge on small 2 mln bobmonium while 50 or more for 500k coal ... as i said that was diffrent challenges for me regarding ore minining but recently i decided to start again for various reasons and i changed ore patches to more or less same size , so this solved for me

New response