Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
6 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

g Change Spawn Rates

3 years ago

Would It be possible to get a configurable settings so we can configure how often the deep core mining cracks spawn, as well as an Electricity/Pollution Multiplier for those of us who wish to increase the difficulty (Without changing the mining rates). When I play on rail world settings (Particularly with RSO) I'll probably find 7-15 groups of 3-10 cracks before finding a single patch of iron around 2-3 million which makes racing to these drills seem more necessary, I wish I could see the deep core mining crack spawn rate, as well as setting how many nodes can spawn from a depleted ore patch for the MOHO mining drills. I love your mod though, and I feel as far as infinite resources go that this one is more balanced, but scales poorly once you increase the size of your ore patches.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Of the new features many of us players who religiously use your mod, would you be able to add a setting so that at each place cracks spawn, we can set the spawn quantity. Sometimes I find patches of 4-5 cracks just simply produce wayyyyy too much resources, and I have a habit of fully utilizing stuff, I am aware that it has the added complexity of the fuel, which I really do appreciate. I know I could just half the density of the deep core cracks, but realistically, I find that by the time you get access to the moho mining drill, your not that far from the next two anyways, and you'll typically find a crack before you deplete a Ore patch on most settings. (Although I guess we can remove ore patches now)

Controlling the spawn rate of cracks (Like how freqently they spawn in comparison to iron ore ect) would be a great feature, as well as a range X to X for how many cracks can spawn at each patch (Unless its controlled by some type of distance multiplier, which as far as I can tell it is not).

That and if you could set a Power / Pollution Multiplier, so that those who feel that they should take more power (I think they should) so that you keep base values as exactly as they are but allow us to just make them cost more power through a simple multiple effect.

Big fan of your mod, love it.

3 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, glad you're enjoying the mod !

I'll see to add more configuration options for players to better control on energy usage and spawn rates. Ideally I'd like to add spawning for Deep Core Crack like normal ore, but the API is rather complicated so it'll take time to get it working properly.

I'll try to make an update asap with your suggestions !

3 years ago

Hello,

A new version of the mod reworked the energy usage and spawning are all now a mod configuration to tune them to your liking. Please let me know how it runs for you now !

Thanks gain for your interest !

3 years ago

Hey i've been playing with the new build and I love the changes that you've made. If you ever want a live discussion on a discord or whatever I'd love to chat. I was experimenting with changing the ore patch richness (Lower minimum but higher maximum) however I noticed the moment you place the Deep core mining drill down on the crack, that it reverts to its regular 300%, only the Moho mining drill actually takes the %value rolled by the patch (In so far as I can tell)

New response