Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

g Not enough power drain.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've been playing with this mod for a long time now and it's pretty much mandatory for most of my games, but one thing, that could use tweaking is miners power requirements and pollution generation.
Moho miner produces 5 ores/second and needs 1mw or power. This is exactly as much production and power drain as 10 miners.

Deep core mining drill produces 5 deep ore chunks/second and eats 5mw of power, but each deep core ore chunk is refined into 8 normal ores.

The way the deep core miners work right now, makes them too efficient.
Would it be possible to raise the power consumption by 5x and pollution by 10x? That would make searching for new ore patches a viable alternative and force the players to actualy consider, if it's better to heavily fortify the depleted outpost and use high pollution mining, or search for another surface ore patch.

EDIT: Sorry, moho miner uses 100kw more than 10 miners. I've been playing krastorio 2 too much. :P
But it's still way too efficient for an infinite source.

3 years ago

Hello,

Glad you enjoy the mod and thanks for your feedback !

I've got other reports about the energy consumption, so I've increased it for all drills by double the amount.

It is also now configurable, so can tweak it even more to your liking !

3 years ago

Hello,

Glad you enjoy the mod and thanks for your feedback !

I've got other reports about the energy consumption, so I've increased it for all drills by double the amount.

It is also now configurable, so can tweak it even more to your liking !
Thank you, it's perfect now. ^_^

New response