Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

i FIXED DCMD chunk/raw ore option in mod settings.

3 years ago

Can there be an option in mod settings to revert the standard DCMD to just make ore instead of needing sulfuric acid to refine chunks. the larger drill for deep cracks should remain how they are now however the original point of this mod was to keep ore patches being useful and the advanced drill was an addes bonus. The DCMD feels like it has lost it's intention of providing a way to keep ore outposts and the two drills blend into one mechanic now.

3 years ago

Hello,

Yes this is a valid point, however I invite you to take a look at the new Moho Mining Drill introduced in version 2.2.0, it does exactly what you expect ! It mines raw ore from ore patches directly like how the DCMD used to !

So now you can chose between the easy to plot Moho Drill and get raw ore in your outpost and keep it as simple as this using the same logistic lines.

Or your can plot the Deep Core Mining Drill to get chunks instead, which will need refining but will get much more ore !

Let me know how it feels !

3 years ago

It is true that the Moho creates raw ore however I've been finding that on existing deep patches the Moho creates both raw ore and deep ore chunks, about 50/50 of ore and chunks which is notably less work to fix than using DCMDs and refining plants, however every ore outpost will require a filtering system to take chunks out.

3 years ago

It is true that the Moho creates raw ore however I've been finding that on existing deep patches the Moho creates both raw ore and deep ore chunks, about 50/50 of ore and chunks which is notably less work to fix than using DCMDs and refining plants, however every ore outpost will require a filtering system to take chunks out.

3 years ago

Ah that must be a bug then ! Normally there is a migration to ensure existing ore patches with drills are converted.

Could you provide your save so I can take a look, debug and cook a fix ?

3 years ago

Yes, how can I send you my save file?

3 years ago

With a service like Dropbox, googledrive, wetransfer and post the link here, or ping me on Discord VortiK#0683

Thanks

3 years ago

ive sent a request on discord and i have the shareable link ready

New response