Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

g Not compatible with "Industrial Revolution"

4 years ago

Sadly makes the mod fail to load if i enable Deep core mining and industrial Revolution

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello,

I've looked a bit more where the incompatibility comes from and it seems related to many things.

• Deep Core rely on Robotics which doesn't exists anymore in IR (could use Roboport equipment or Industrial roboport instead)
  • Deep Core Mining Robots require the flying robot frame, which doesn't exists anymore in IR (could use construction robots instead directly).
  • We also depends on Advanced Material Processing that is removed in IR.

Just this would make some substantial changes already.

But a proper compatibility would warent a deeper rewrite to fit IR better :

• Have Mining and Mining 2 and its custom material process as prerequists that make sense.
  • Use IR intermediates for deep core, Diamonds, motors, advanced plates etc to have an adapted cost and progression of deep core in the IR world.
  • Support IR new ores obviously.

IR is a complete overhaul of factorio and has it's own ressources mining, refining and processing that's quite different from vanilla, so it definatly would be more of a rewrite than a simple compatibility.
I didn't have the occassion to make a full playthrough of IR yet personnaly which I'd say would be the minimum to be able to understand the mod and see how to fit deep core into it and if it would be useful at all since IR overhaul mining a lot already.

Generaly I'd love to support as many mods as possible but this is a case where it's just too heavy to quickfix.

I'll make an explicit incompatibility for now to prevent people losing time trying to figure out why it doesn't work with both mods :)

4 years ago

Thanks for looking at this. I agree that it's probably more work than makes sense. DCM is a thorough overhaul of vanilla mining. IR is a thorough overhaul of vanilla everything. Unfortunately players seem to expect all mods on the portal to work with each other, when that's impossible and they don't need to anyway.

Just some notes in case you do ever want to tackle it in future:

• Robotics does exist in IR, it's the research known as Industrial Roboports, only the localisation changed, the internal name is still "robotics".
  • The flying robot frame is only hidden in IR, it could be unhidden, or different ingredients used on the lines of the construction/logistic robot recipes in IR.
  • Advanced Material Processing isn't used in IR, but the closest equivalent tech's internal name in IR is "deadlock-steel-age".
4 years ago

Thanks for the insight Deadlock !

New response