Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

g Deep Core Mining Planner

4 years ago

Hello,
I have a question (kind of a stupid one, my bad) : how do I use the Deep Core Mining Planner on ore patches ? I tried to select it (it is an Iron patch) with the planner like with a deconstruction planner but it didn't work.

Thanks for your answer and keep the amazing work for the mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello,

You should indeed just use the Deep Core Planner tool to select an ore patch like the deconstruction planner. It requires Deep Core Mining drones in your inventory to remove an ore patch (plus sulfuric acid barrels for uranium). If you don't have any it should print a message telling you so.

Like this : https://imgur.com/a/gyU1EEg

When it succeeds, the ore patch will be removed and ore chunks will be dropped on the ground and you can pick them up by directly walking on them, no need to click them individually (or you can deconstruct them for logistic drones to pick them up for you !).

4 years ago

Hello,
I tried as you said (having Deep Core Mining Drones in my inventory, use the planner like a deconstruction planner), it didn't work. Also, I tried without Drones in my inventory and I didn't have a message telling me I didn't have Drones in my inventory.

A little idea of why it didn't work ?

PS : I don't use any mods (except yours) which changes the nature of the ore patches but I use some others but they target another field of the game (robots, weapons, ...).

New response