Deep core mining

by VortiK

A not cheaty infinite ore mod. Adds ore patches that appear when ore fields are depleted that can be mined with a pair of advanced mining drill to upgrade mining outposts and provide source of expensive but steady infinite ore. Adds an high tech infinite ore mining from rare deep core cracks spawned in the world that require heavy refining. Now with automatic mod support !

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

b [Factorio 0.17.14] Mod disabled on load

5 years ago

Hi, VortiK,

thought I'd try out this mod (version 1.17.4) as well. Unfortunately, it is disabled on load:

8.182 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: vtk-deep-core-mining/data.lua:5: ...p-core-mining__/prototypes/deepcore-mining-resources.lua:261: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...p-core-mining__/prototypes/deepcore-mining-resources.lua:261: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
vtk-deep-core-mining/data.lua:5: in main chunk
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
• vtk-deep-core-mining

I should mention that this happens with Factorio 0.17.14. Factorio 0.17.25 can load it; unfortunately, I have to play on 0.17.14 because 0.17.15 introduced a nasty bug that hasn't been fixed yet. I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort to fix this bug for an outdated version of the game, but it would be nice if you could have a look at it. :-)

Also, the changelog of this mod will work if you delete one dash from line 230 (header line of 1.8.4): header lines must have exactly 99 dashes!

Have a nice Sunday

Pi-C

5 years ago

Hello,

I'm not too sure what's wrong in this code in this specific version and I can't reproduce it as 17.14 ins't available in Steam Beta branch anymore, the last one is 17.15.

Thanks for the changelog insight, damn that's tricky.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Geez, I sure hope they fix my bug sometime soon, so I can update! There are two other mods I've installed that are disabled because they depend on base >= 0.17.15. But playing without the CTRL key being recognized is out of the question, and as I seem to be the only one plagued by that bug it's not a top priority. Guess I'll have to do without Deep core mining for now. It's for the late game though, and I'm still at the burning drill stage …

About the changelog: I wish they would make the parser more permissive! It's working, though, if you know the rules and don't make a mistake, so it won't be a top priority either. :-)

5 years ago

Hi, again!
Somebody found a workaround for my bug, so I updated to 0.17.28 now. However, on loading my game from 0.17.14 I still get an almost identical error:

8.545 Loading mod vtk-deep-core-mining 1.17.5 (data.lua)
8.560 Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Failed to load mod "vtk-deep-core-mining": vtk-deep-core-mining/data.lua:5: ...p-core-mining__/prototypes/deepcore-mining-resources.lua:261: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...p-core-mining__/prototypes/deepcore-mining-resources.lua:261: in main chunk
stack traceback:
8.561 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
8.666 Checksum for core: 3701457791
9.031 Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Error in assignID, recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: enemy-base (noise-layer).
9.031 Verbose ModManager.cpp:463: Time to load mods: 8.28361

If you want to, I can send you the complete log and the save file on the forum.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Looks identical now, my logfile has "vtk-deep-core-mining/data.lua:5: in main chunk", with double underlines around "vtk-deep-core-mining". Somehow, the mod portal has eaten them. :-)

(Happened again in this post, even though I put the line in quotes now. Seems that is the code used to make bold text here.)

5 years ago

Hello, yes send me your save file, maybe I can reproduce this problem !

5 years ago

I'm on 0.17.32 now. Started a new game yesterday and Deep Core Mining seems to work there although I added it only later on. Just thought, I'd let you know. :-)

4 years ago

Ok good to know ! Sorry I couldn't get time bug hunt this shadowy issue :)

New response