Armor Reach

by VortiK

Makes the armor increase player reach for interaction, build, drop and mine range. Higher range for higher armor tech. Also increase player handcrafting and mining speed and add health bonus. Supports mods : - Tiny Armors MK1 & MK2 - Power Armor MK3 & MK4 - Bob's Warfare Armors, Heavy MK2 & MK3 and Power Armors MK3 & MK4 & MK5. - Space Exploration Thruster Suits 1 to 4. - Early Construction Light & Heavy armors. - Krastorio 2's Power Armor MK3 & MK4 - Shall Suits.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i [ADDED] Hand Crafting Speed?

2 years ago

I got rid of long/far-reach in favour of this which seems less cheaty.
Could we also optionally have armour based improvements to handcrafting speeds? Perhaps 10%-20% per armour level would be reasonable?
Vanilla:
light-armor: +5%
heavy-armor: +10%
modular-armor: +20%
power-armor: +35%
power-armor-mk2: +55%
Krastorio 2:
power-armor-mk3: +75%
power-armor-mk4: +100%
It would be nice to have this benefit, however, not to have it excessive as the whole idea is not to be crafting by hand.

2 years ago

Hello,

Glad you like the mod :)

Interesting suggestion ! I'll look into it.

2 years ago

Oh yes, I really like the mod, ty 4 putting it together.
Also appreciate you considering the suggestion, whatever you decide to do. The numbers were only my initial thoughts on the idea, just boost it however you think would bring the best balance. It would just be nice to have the handcrafting speed boost optional via a toggle.
Cheers and keep safe :).

2 years ago

Just pushed in 1.13, let me know how it goes !

2 years ago

What?? Dude!! :D That was awesome fast! Mate, you also totally intuited what my intention was ... to buff a little bit those character aspects which do not otherwise have technology upgrades available. Such a lovely morning surprise to wake up to from here in the land down under ;). Testing right away sir!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Done a little testing as requested. From what I can tell, player.character_crafting_speed_modifier & player.character_mining_speed_modifier are fractional bonuses, not multipliers. Thus to get a bonus 5% to crafting speed, set player.character_crafting_speed_modifier = 0.05 (since it's a fractional bonus) instead of player.character_crafting_speed_modifier = 1.05 (as it's not a multiplier this would give 105% bonus).
I'm not entirely sure how player.character_health_bonus operates, but I think it operates similarly to reach. I think the vanilla maximum health is 250, so to buff health, percentages of 250 would need to be added (eg, a 10% health bonus would be set by player.character_health_bonus=25).
Again, tyvm for your time, expertise and effort!

2 years ago

Hello, thanks for your feedback, I've tweaked the number a bit after some more testing !

2 years ago

Just tested the latest update and it seems to be working just right now. Thank you again!

New response