Very Small Chests

by _-_-_

Adds single/dual/triple (configurable) slot versions of the base game storage and logistic chests, with options to include modded chests

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Storage

g Unnecessary

3 years ago

Can you already limiting chests by dragging the X button?

3 years ago

You're right, you certainly can. I had a few main cases in mind with this mod. The first is that often when using chests for output, you only want a single stack of a given item (a provider for electric poles, for example). The second and more petty case is that I often play with people who don't remember to limit outputs and we end up with 10,000 of an obsolete item in the logistic network. Additionally, the recipe for each small chest yields two per regular chest, so there's incentive to use it in cases where you don't need the slots.

3 years ago

this mod sounds interesting for exactly those purposes. i used a similar mod (Stone Bowl) together with logic conditions to simulate filter inserters when playing a scenario that heavily relied on using filter inserters while vanilla inserters don't include burner filters, longhanded filters, stack filters, etc. doing it with normal chests would have been possible, but i liked to have a different look of chests for that special purpose, and that i didn't have to set the "X" for each of hundreds of chests. i only would have wished for additionally having the corresponding logistic chests which this mod seems to provide.
too bad that there are no pictures in the description of this mod to see before downloading and installing how all these chests would look, but I'll surely try this mod (on a future map).

1 year, 3 months ago

You're right, you certainly can. I had a few main cases in mind with this mod. The first is that often when using chests for output, you only want a single stack of a given item (a provider for electric poles, for example). The second and more petty case is that I often play with people who don't remember to limit outputs and we end up with 10,000 of an obsolete item in the logistic network. Additionally, the recipe for each small chest yields two per regular chest, so there's incentive to use it in cases where you don't need the slots.

I didn't know this mod existed. I have been modding the red provider chest to 1 stack, for this reason. It is very helpful when modding the stack sizes to anything higher than 'vanilla'. And I have quite often forgotten to change the stack size for a provider chest and making way too many things. Thanks for this mod.

1 year, 3 months ago

Thanks for the kind words, jamiech1 ❤ I'm glad it's useful for other people. I just added a little option to included specified modded chests as well, hopefully this covers all the use cases.

New response